Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MSR III Headcount

Default MSR III Headcount

Who's going?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

The check is finally in the mail for me!

I'm in but have to get my brakes flushed and new rotors and pads installed. Got the parts, now I need the time to do it!
    ...and across the line.

Since I'm selling the miata and dont have money, I'm out
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Ill be there...

I'll be there. Clutch problem finnaly fixed.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

- Structural Integrity - no loose parts or damage.

- Front Suspension - no excessive play; ball joints, tie rods, seals, shocks or struts, sway bars, springs, and bushings in good condition.

- Rear Suspension - no excessive play; shocks, springs, seals, sway bars, and bushings in good condition.

- Steering - proper movement and response.

- Brakes - rotors and pads in good condition. Fluid clean and clear.

- Wheels / Bearings - free rotation, hubs tight; no missing lug nuts, properly torqued, center caps removed.

- Throttle Return - free operating and proper springs.

- Battery - properly secured; no corrosion.

- Gas Cap - proper seal.

- Tires - good surface condition, no cracks or blisters; appropriate speed rating, minimum 3/32" tread for street tires.

- Fluids - NO LEAKS. Appropriate levels and fluid types.

- Electrical - good condition.

- Seat Belts - in good condition with positive attachment.

- Helmet - Snell M90 rating, or better, in good condition.
    -
    Loose objects - all loose objects, including floor mats, in the cockpit, trunk, console, and glove box must be removed prior to arrival at the grid.
    Damn... I may not pass on brakes or tires.

Time to do some quick wrenching.

If you have any doubts about any aspect of your car's condition or have never done a track event before, make arrangements to meet up with someone who has.

It's important to your safety and the safety of everyone else on the track. The condition of your tires and brake system is probably the single biggest concern. Some all season radials will withstand track days just fine. Most are asking for trouble. A good brake lock-up on $29 specials from Discount Tire could surprise you within a lap or two with the disturbing whap-whap-whap of sudden tire failure. If you don't trust your tires explicitly, now's a good time to invest in a nice set of Azenises, T1-S's, etc.

Rotors should be clean, true, round and near original thickness (repeated turning or age reduce thickness and ability to dissipate heat - inability to dissipate heat boils fluid, resulting in no brakes). Brake lines should not bulge. Fluid should be no more than 12 months old and lines should have been bled within 6 months. Pads should be Mazda OEM or better - Hawk, Axxis, etc.

Apart from that, if this car is new to you, you (or someone you trust) should inspect all components of the suspension - checking for any rust near suspension mounting points, and checking torque on all suspension bolts.

Once you're home from the track, it's a good idea to do a quick brake bleed to removed the fluid that you probably overheated at the track - no need to completely flush the system - you just want to remove the abused stuff near the calipers.

It's also prudent to recheck all those suspension bolts, especially if any off-roading or excessive curb riding ocurred.

Should we have a pre-tech? So we can verify everyone will pass the official tech .

I have a coolie pressure bleeder cap!

Maybe we could schedule something!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Should we have a pre-tech? So we can verify everyone will pass the official tech .
    That would make my day! I'd be more than willing to volunteer my place - if we can fit everyone in the back alley of my house.

What, where, and when is this thing?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Actually Tech inspections shouuld be done before the event. There is a form available from Merv. (or let me know and I can send it to you. I can also Tech inspect your car.)

You need to get your car inspected before the event and bring the completed sheet with you on April 8th.

For the slackers, inspections on track day can be done but it could delay your track time. Merv has suggested you get the form filled out and the car inspected before the event.
    ...and across the line.

I believe this is the form droptop is talking about.

FWIW, I firmly agree with tailchaser's post. A road course is not the place to be blasé about safety. If you don't think your car is up to the abuse, then you owe it to yourself - and your fellow participants - to kindly stay on the sidelines.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    I can also Tech inspect your car.
    I don't care who ya are that's just funny!

On a serious note, if you question the age of any fluid in your car - change it! Antifreeze will deteriorate with age and can cause problems! Brake fluid is a must! And the POS will be getting the transmission fluid changed as well as the rear end!
    Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    What, where, and when is this thing?
    Are you going to Miata's at the Ranch III channelmaniac??

Didn't you just change the fluid in your rear-end, POS? Or was that not in the car?

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Didn't you just change the fluid in your rear-end, POS? Or was that not in the car?
    You are correct I did do the rear end! But not the transmision fluid! And I'd like to flush the brake for giggles!

Actually I need to get off my ___ and rebuild my other front calipers!

I was reading over the sheets Merv figured I'd remind everyone of the start time!
    We will open the track about 6:30AM, to allow plenty of time for everyone to be ready to
    roll by 7:30, when there will be a mandatory drivers meeting on the second floor of the club
    house. Following this brief meeting, those that desire some classroom instruction will meet
    in the first floor classroom. As soon as the safety crew is in place, Group One will be called
    to the grid and we will get under way.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Those of y'all going have fun and drive safe! I expect a full report to be posted POS!

Got an E-mail from Merv, he still has a few openings available for you procrastinating types!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast