Thread: New KickStarter Project: GhostDash

Default New KickStarter Project: GhostDash

There are enough car nerds and engineers in this forum that I think many of you will find this interesting. A good buddy of mine and fellow TrackJunkies member, Justin Hayes, has been working on a product for the last year and a half that he is calling GhostDash. Essentially, this product is a third party Heads Up Display that you install in your vehicle that can be used to display a variety of in-car racing data. But it does more than that. The product will actually display a ghost car from a recorded lap. This lap can be one that you yourself record, one that you download from the online marketplace, or perhaps at a future date ... one that you purchase from a professional coach or race car driver.

Here is the link to the Kickstarter project where you can see videos of an actual working device as well as a great deal of information on the manufacturing process:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st-car-and-hud

The key features of GhostDash are:

Safety

- Head up display keeps eyes up on the road while displaying critical information (predictive lap timing, speed, elapsed time, and lap times)
    - Screen is embedded in lexan, light and will not shatter
    - The intuitive nature of the ghost means drivers learn by simply looking out the windshield.

Fun

- Race friends and yourself through ghost feature
    - Try new lines and techniques and see results in real time
    - Connect with friends even when they can’t be on track at the same time

Become A Better Driver

- More intuitive than charts and graphs
    - Maximize track time by seeing on track what is working
    - Learn from the best by loading their ghost

Join The Revolution

- Major manufacturers are building HUDs into their latest cars
    - Jaguar plans to build a HUD with a ghost car into their cars in a few years (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeK9IkSD_nI)
    - Every racing game has a ghost from Mario Kart to iRacing. Even non-car racing games have ghosts, they are intuitive

We would be honored to have your thoughts and feedback. If you found this interesting and want to know more, be sure to checkout the Kickstarter page above. See you on the track.

Michael
    MX5#98

OH MY GOODNESS
    We apologize but something's gone wrong — an old link, a bad link, or some little glitch.

Would you like to: Go back or go to home page?

Check our status blog for updates

I sure hope its going to look a lot better than the photos make it look. I'm already wondering about how difficult that will be to use when the driver has reading-vision issues (like me and a large number people who can afford to track their cars - old guys) since it is so close to the driver relative to the field of view and even the gauges. Seems like a smaller screen that doesn't completely obstruct a clean windshield view would be better, but that's just my uninformed opinion. The idea is cool.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Seems gimmicky and obtrusive, but that's just me.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata