Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BMW autocross #1, Saturday 3-7-15 Mineral Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Maybe say what you did/did not like so they can improve future events rather than just say you did not like it.
    It was clear at the event that everyone hated the slaloms. No reason to belabor the point.

^ +1 IMO the course would have been acceptable if the slaloms were setup differently.
    Brian

Life is fun with the top down!

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Needed more variety of elements, eliminate the downhill off-camber hairpin into an uphill straight, throw in a full-blown sweeper in the middle section. It's what I have come to anticipate from BMW autox at MW, which isn't a bad thing, just not challenging at all as a driving skill test. I'm sure it was a hoot in something with a lot of HP to blast through the straights and up the hill. There wasn't really anything besides the one turn out by the trailer that the mini was better-suited for than any other car, so it was mostly just standing on the throttle.
    NTAXS has small courses with a bunch of tight slaloms that are Mini/Miata courses, BMW has big open road courses. I think that is kind of expected. Bring a vette to a BMW event and a miata/s2000 to a NTAXS event.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by cosmosmpower View Post
    ntaxs has small courses with a bunch of tight slaloms that are mini/miata courses, bmw has big open road courses. I think that is kind of expected. Bring a vette to a bmw event and a miata/s2000 to a ntaxs event. Or do like me get a porsche and stay home and armchair quarterback on the interwebz
    fify!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

BMW had 3 under-60' slaloms and the NTAXS course on Sunday had a 3rd gear straight in 2 spots, so I'm pretty sure you are just making shit up again JoJo.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    BMW had 3 under-60' slaloms and the NTAXS course on Sunday had a 3rd gear straight in 2 spots, so I'm pretty sure you are just making shit up again JoJo.
    Yeah I bet your average speed on the BMW course was lower than at the NTAXS course at the gravel pit right? right?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    fify!
    Didn't feel like driving 200 miles to drive for 10 minutes Saturday and waited too long to sign up for Sunday.

Plus the Porsche was angry and refused to come out and play until I paid it allowance.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 03-10-2015 at 11:03 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    NTAXS has small courses with a bunch of tight slaloms that are Mini/Miata courses, BMW has big open road courses. I think that is kind of expected. Bring a vette to a BMW event and a miata/s2000 to a NTAXS event.
    You're in over your head here. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You're in over your head here. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
    When was the last time a Miata took FTD at a BMW event and a Vette took FTD at a NTAXS event?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    When was the last time a Miata took FTD at a BMW event and a Vette took FTD at a NTAXS event?
    I'll stand by my original reply:

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
    Enough said.

I'll stand by my original reply:

Enough said.
    Sorry I didn't mean to get you angry, just kidding around.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 03-10-2015 at 11:03 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

The course was decent. Sometimes with a lot as large as Mineral Wells it can be difficult to put together a layout that doesn't leave a lot of wasted space. The slaloms were a bit painful but were used to keep the entire course from being and all out banzai run to the finish. I can see where the uphill climb would have been frustrating in a lower horse power car. We ran our 2000 Miata out there a bit this summer and the uphill climb seemed to take forever.

I think for me though the biggest limiting factor on my times was balls. I ran out of them on the way down the back straight toward the left hand sweeper toward the finish. With it being a bit off camber I never trusted the car to stick at those speeds so I slowed started my turn in and then matted it again until I got to the final slalom. My rear brakes were smoking when I came off the course after my first couple of runs. By the afternoon I was feeling run down from being sick so we didn't take the second set of runs.

All in all a fun day. Thanks to everyone that made it happen.
    2000 BRG Miata LS (Daily Beater), 2003 Millennium Yellow Corvette Z06, 2004 Millennium Yellow Corvette Z06 (SCCA Super Street Prepared Prepped) and 2010 Ford F-250.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123