Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help,

Unhappy help,

so tonight my girl got off work hopped on 635 and got about2 miles down the road when, engine light flickered on the rpms and oil pressure just dropped completely and the rest of the idiot lights came on, she tried to turn it over and nothing, then about 20 minutes later tried again and it tried to come on and nothing, she is getting it towed here right now, i have no idea what to look for,
    i did not change the thermostat this weekend, long story
    i did get the oil changed at pep boys, for free(if not done in 30 minutes its free)
    noticed a little bit of coolant on the ground the other day, but did not pay too much attention to it.
    any ideas?
    thank you i have no clue i think the dealership gives 90 day warranty but under new ownership so not sure if they will do anything about it

sounds like dead starter maybe? just this whizzing sound like i said i have no clue any one near carrollton that could swing by maybe tomorrow after you get off work that might have an idea i'll buy you beer or dr. pepper lol
    oh yeah just checked her paperwork and she has no warranty on the car. i got money to throw at it
    battery is maybe 2 months old, but all lights come on fine, oil is fine adn the radiator is full
    tahnks again
    Last edited by dyingbreed; 05-03-2005 at 02:29 AM.

I'm not sure I understand the order of events. So let me ask you a couple of questions.

*Will the motor turn over today?
    *Is the Radiator full?

There are a couple of rather large fuses on the passenger side of the engine bay... I'd start by checking them - particularly the big 100 Amp one.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Unhappy

Like TC said, check the big fuse under the hood, I thought it was an 80amp, and it takes a screw driver to get it out. I did have that happen one time. Or my thoughts lead me to a broken timing belt......
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Or my thoughts lead me to a broken timing belt......
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Hopefully it didn't overheat and blow a head gasket! Since I notice where dyingbreed mentions he didn't fix the original overheating problem.....

Hopefully it's something simple!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 05-03-2005 at 08:25 AM.

going to look in the light this morning,
    fuses may have to wait until i get off tonight
    it did not overheat again

spoke to my grandfather and he said to do a compression check when i get home then go from there,
    the fuse SHARPIE is it the fuel injection one that does not have a number on it? the biggest one i had was an 80 then there is this big black box about the size of 2 of those fuse that says fuel injection on the cover
    radiator is full and the car never seemed to get overly hot
    still does not crank this morning

So how are you going to check compression if you can't get it to turn over?

Does it act like a dead battery? Is the alternator belt still on the motor?

This is like trying to abdominal surgery on an alien over a bad cell phone connection.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    This is like trying to abdominal surgery on an alien over a bad cell phone connection.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by dyingbreed
    the fuse SHARPIE is it the fuel injection one that does not have a number on it? the biggest one i had was an 80 then there is this big black box about the size of 2 of those fuse that says fuel injection on the cover radiator is full and the car never seemed to get overly hot still does not crank this morning
    What'd you say? If you could please write in complete, coherent sentences we could probably offer you more help. Sorry, but most of your posts have been jibberish (to me at least).

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    So how are you going to check compression if you can't get it to turn over?

Does it act like a dead battery? Is the alternator belt still on the motor?

very carefully? i dont know going to do what i can with limited knowledge and the haynes manual i picked up since i cant get ahold of a copy of the enthusiats manual and grandpa livces in gun barrel city
    going to try make an attempt ask for help and guidance and try waht i can
    told yall i dont know shite but i am trying to learn adn will use the resources i have

And you guys thought I spoke in circles
    I think it would help if you just stated facts in short sentences.
    Best of luck to you, with the car.
    99 Miata Black

sorry samm i am frustrated and my mind is going a million miles a minute
    i was attempting to ask what fuse sharpie was talking about, the biggest one in the compartment on the passenger side next to the firewall, is only an 80,. He mentioned a 100 fuse

i said my radiator was full,
    and the car does not crank
    and i am very ignorant in the ways of the mechanic, but i am trying to learn

OK we will slow it up just a touch!

- If you turn on the headlights do the come on? Are they bright or dim?

- Did your gal, notice any lights on the dash before the car died?

You can't do a compression check until you can get the car to at least turn over.

Dyingbreed, I did say it was an 80 amp fuse, (TC said 100) and mine went out on me one day, and the car just died, we were doing some other maintenance that day, but sure enough it was the fuse. I bought two, because I couldn't figure out why it blew, but I've never had to change it again. As for the timing belt, it will give the same symptoms if it broke, fortunately you put it back together pretty easily.
    My belief is that what happend to your GF is secondary to the CEL and overheating, but I could be wrong.
    I'll PM you my number and maybe we can figure some of it out. I'm better with spoken english too!

Remember guys, it sucks to be learning a new car, and just getting crap for not being able to type or write a good english paper. The 95 M is a great car, and this dude is going to get pissed, frustrated, etc. and end up keeping the civic, so let's encourage him and give some help.

OR he can have my civic and give me his Merlot, MMMM. I call first dibs on the 15" BBS' if he gets new wheels.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by dyingbreed
    sorry samm i am frustrated and my mind is going a million miles a minute
    Don't be sorry and don't take my post as a slam. We've all been there, but the more info you can give and questions you can answer, the more help you'll receive.

vulture lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Remember guys, it sucks to be learning a new car, and just getting crap for not being able to type or write a good english paper.
    At the same time Sharpie, if we can't decipher what happened, then it's rather difficult to offer any useful advice.

Dyingbreed, we do want to help. It would be easier for us to help if you could explain - in detail and with an approximation of proper grammar, for those of us that don't read leetspeak very well - exactly what happened to the car, and in what order the symptoms occurred.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast