Thread: RE71r availability!

Default RE71r availability!

FYI- they suddenly have 15" RE71r Stones in-stock at Tire Rack today.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

And just as suddenly they were gone. As an input on these tires our first set has over 100 runs having them flipped tomorrow. Theyare around 2/32nds. Tested them against a fresh set yesterday at mw and they were within .1 of the new ones across 3 different drivers. Again at the end of the day same thing. Observations like bit more air than r1r, as the grm article pointed out they put down powee earlier and like a confident steering input. They do not respond well to a double pump. Suspension setup compared to what ran on r1r is different. They pickup opr like no tomorrow but so does the bfg. You really need to put a good heat cycle on them or just order them cycled.

Steve,

Any problem with them overheating?

They will get a little greasy if you hot lap them. I had a 7 run session at the bville pro due to reruns and forgot to take a timeout. I thought they lost some grip but i was struggling with a bug that day as well.

They like a bit of heat but are not terrible cold.

Thanks Steve,

So many decisions to make. I know Sam Strano likes the 71-R’s better than the new BFG, but David was a lot faster on the BFG and they come in much better sizes for the Corvette, but I can’t get them for at least another month.

Faster based on the setup that was on the car. If anyone is looking for 205/50/16s Todd Eaddy has some in stock.