Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #3 March 29 lone star park

Oil Changer

Hopefully the swap meet or whatever it is scheduled there on Saturday is all gone before y'all start setting up Sunday morning.
    And maybe they won't leave the lot a mess.
    Paul
    2014 FoST
    1982 BMW320i

Meh, we'll manage. They are pretty good about getting the site clear for us.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I do like the new placement of grid. Something fresh!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    I do like the new placement of grid. Something fresh!
    Yep, no one's ever thought of gridding there before.
    Last edited by jrj512; 03-26-2015 at 08:17 AM.

I don't think I went to that event...Must have been raining.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

That's the way LSP was setup for pretty much every event prior to ER incorporating the hump after we got access to the site again when the current management took over.
    Polished Turd Racing

SCCA still grids and paddocks on the other side of the hill. We ran the private event on Tuesday and didn't go over the hill. The course was one lane down and one lane back and was still 40 seconds. I think the course Mike made will be in the 60 second range and a slower speeds than the map appears.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Fun day! Thanks to all that made it happen.... Great course Mike loved the back side into that ass whippin slalom.
    steve e..

I agree with Steve, who was on fire, by the way. It was a fun course.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    +1, +1
    1995 M Edition

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Mighty darn proud of how well Sharon drove. She is really starting to push this year.... 12th on PAX is pretty damn sporty!
    Last edited by Steve E; 03-29-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Great course, Mike. Even with all the wind, that's probably the best we are going to get for weather this year. Great competition all around!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Thanks for the positive feedback! I also enjoyed the layout, and it was quite a workout in the Bandit, but so much fun. Thanks to Bob for the codrive, and to Robert Jones and Brad for the excellent advising on the setup adjustment. We had to reroute around bad asphalt and some bumps in a few places, and I think it paid off.

I think ink we will try to put a much lower speed element on top of the back corner bumps next time; it was pretty hard on the F-mod and other very low cars.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post

I think ink we will try to put a much lower speed element on top of the back corner bumps next time; it was pretty hard on the F-mod and other very low cars.
    Yeah, it wasn't very confidence inspiring at that point. I see why we did it the way we did though...Going the direction we did forced that entry to be more shallow for run-off reasons. Going the other direction (like ER event 1 and 2) allows a more liberal usage on that end.

I would like to see more designs utilize the start/finish on the top of the hill. Jessica and I LOVED being able to sit up there watch the entire course.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

It was quite the pucker experience coming into the final slalom at speed, hitting the brakes over the bumps, and ABS going crazy. I was wondering if the car would ever slow down. I need to figure out which fuse to pull.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Liked the course, despite being windy the weather was great. My friends took a few hundred photos, I will see If I can get them to upload them all somewhere.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

I like hearing that the back section was exciting enough to give even the top drivers some "pucker", yet not a single spin or major slide occurred there. To me, that's a successful element. The bumps did spin out a few cars, but with plenty of space and in a safe direction. Finish was more exciting than I expected, but again, no real issues.

Using the start/finish and grid locations that way does make for terrific spectating. I will continue to mix it up with that lot, as that configuration limits the courses to 4 out-and-back lanes (like Crandall), and that also can get boring if its always that way. We are really lucky to have such a versatile site, as well as the other 3 sites currently in-use around DFW. Talk to the Spokes and Houston area folks if you ever get a chance about their lot sizes and selection.

Great job by John Wilson and his before/after trailer crews, who work when everyone else is still waking up or ready to relax.
    Polished Turd Racing

I would like to see more designs utilize the start/finish on the top of the hill. Jessica and I LOVED being able to sit up there watch the entire course.
    Glad you liked the shorter course. And congrats on the top PAX.

However I am not a fan of the shorter courses at LSP.

It really wasn't all that much shorter from ER 1-2 if you consider PAX times (which is suspect to begin with due to wet conditions). I wasn't using data yesterday so I don't have the hard facts. I would be curious as to see the course length from yesterday compared to ER #1, ER #2, and NTAXS #1. I know the Eberleins have been using data this year amongst others...could you look to see how much shorter event 3 was compared to the others?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

It really wasn't all that much shorter from ER 1-2 if you consider PAX times (which is suspect to begin with due to wet conditions). I wasn't using data yesterday so I don't have the hard facts. I would be curious as to see the course length from yesterday compared to ER #1, ER #2, and NTAXS #1. I know the Eberleins have been using data this year amongst others...could you look to see how much shorter event 3 was compared to the others?
    Will take a look at it when i get home tonight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast