Thread: Solar Vent SPV

Default Solar Vent SPV

Anyone ever use one of these things? I've been debating getting one for the VW... being that the VW just sits idle most of the time.

Linkie To Addie...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Nope - but I always wanted to know if they worked.

Buy one and let us know
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Not for use on tinted windows
    Doesn't your VW have tinted windows Sparky?

$ 34.95

If it's 100+ outside what added benefit would this be?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    If it's 100+ outside what added benefit would this be?
    For a car, that for the most part, will be sitting on my driveway, with a windshield shade, occupying space... perhaps it'll save my interior a bit. It's a cheap alternative to a car cover without the trouble of having to remove the cover every three days to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    For a car, that for the most part, will be sitting on my driveway, with a windshield shade, occupying space... perhaps it'll save my interior a bit. It's a cheap alternative to a car cover without the trouble of having to remove the cover every three days to drive.
    Put it in the Garage!

Put it in the Garage!
    I feel guilty having both my cars in the garage and the wife's car outside...

Maybe the guilt won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I feel guilty having both my cars in the garage and the wife's car outside...

Maybe the guilt won't last long.
    You could always let her run the VW.

Get a tonaugh cover made for the BUR....

You could always let her run the VW.
    She refuses to... she doesn't like the way the car sits on the H&R coilovers...

She says it's too much of a hassle to drive my car!!

I have a van she could drive. You could park the VW at my house in the driveway. Wait -- Is Majik's new-found do-gooder attitude rubbing off on me?
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I have a van she could drive. You could park the VW at my house in the driveway. Wait -- Is Majik's new-found do-gooder attitude rubbing off on me?

I promise, when I read "I have a van she could drive." I could sense no do gooder from you. IT was all dirty old man. :hockey:

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    I promise, when I read "I have a van she could drive." I could sense no do gooder from you.
    Same here... you dirty ol' bastard!!

In a time long ago and far away the Mazda 929 had solar vents... Worked beautifully... With a little engineering, you could set it up so that it charged the battery until the thermostat kicked in, and then the vents fired up (silly Mazda... why have owners choose???). However, that car had a LOT more fan... Not sure how much the SPV deal would help.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    In a time long ago and far away the Mazda 929 had solar vents... Worked beautifully... With a little engineering, you could set it up so that it charged the battery until the thermostat kicked in, and then the vents fired up (silly Mazda... why have owners choose???). However, that car had a LOT more fan... Not sure how much the SPV deal would help.
    Before I picked up the Passat, I was looking at the Audi A6s and A8s... they had a solar panel imbedded into the sunroof that powered the AC unit while the car was parked... it kept inside temps down using the AC while not running your car down... although I'm looking for the same scale, the affect would be the similiar. Heck, I still have my VW solar panel battery recharger... perhaps...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    I promise, when I read "I have a van she could drive." I could sense no do gooder from you. IT was all dirty old man. :hockey:
    Like most people Majik, your opinion is based on your point of view. MrsBean has my highest respect and my deepest sympathy I'm sure she needs all the help and support we can give her.

OTOH - mrsthang's car sits in the carport, my van sits in the driveway beside the company truck, and the Miata will go back into the garage if we ever get all the furniture and garage sale stuff sorted out.