Thread: Want to design a part of the next NTAXS autocross course?

Default Want to design a part of the next NTAXS autocross course?

Ever had ideas for an autocross course, but you did not want to start with a whole course? Here is your chance to get your feet wet and design just a portion of a course! You only need to fill in the area with the red boundaries and submit your idea to [email protected]. We’ll pick the best one (or the best elements from the multiple entries) and integrate it into the 9/19 NTAXS autocross course on the TMS Bus Lot.

Here are some notes to help you:

- The red borders represent the safe distances from other portions of the course, so anything on or inside the border is fine. We will ensure the plan is safe before implementing it.

- The direction of travel is from right to left.

- The element prior to the bordered area is a 90-degree turn. You should give the driver at least 40-60’ to prepare for your first element.

- Your course will lead to a 180-degree sweeper element, so you want to give the driver at least 60’ to prepare for it.

- Each black square represents 20’x20’.

- A typical autocross gate is 20’ wide.

- A typical autocross slalom has 50-70’ between each cone. You can vary the distance within the same slalom (such as increasing or decreasing).

- When setting up offsets, the aspect ratio (offset from centerline divided by distance between cones) should typically be between 3:1 and 4:1.

- You should not have more than 300’ without an element designed to require the driver to lift off the throttle.

We can work out the proper pointer cones for your design. Just worry about your elements and path.

Use whatever software you want for drawing your elements. Even by pencil is fine. Just make you’re your do it over the provided picture so we can see the distances. Submit it as a picture file (jpg, gif, png, and so on…) and we can recreate the design in our normal format.

The deadline for submissions is August 23, 2015.

Contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Visit NTAXS at www.ntaxs.com or www.facebook.com/ntaxs.

Attached Images Attached Images

What do I win?

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Optional direction skidpads, chicago boxes, tetris brick shaped starts and jumps are not only welcomed but encouraged.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Optional direction skidpads, chicago boxes, tetris brick shaped starts and jumps are not only welcomed but encouraged.
    Better not let OZ participate in this contest.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Nice design! No way I can top that.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    What do I win?

I had no idea that NTAXS had cones that are 10ft. wide. Better not hit that one!!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing