Thread: Hello everyone!

Default Hello everyone!

Hello and Good Morning!

My name is Jared and I have been searching for a fun weekend car that I can autocross and refine my driving skills. After researching and lurking around on the forums, Miatas seem to be the car for me. The only issue I have is that I am a 6'4" tall dude, and the miata I have driven was definatly too small. I have read online about various tall guy mods, like performing foamectomy on the seats, or installing an aftermarket racing seat. But, I have not met anyone who has these mods to see if they will work for me. I was hoping that someone on this forum is my hight and has those types of mods and would be willing to let me sit in their car too see if a Miata is a realistic option for me. I live in Irving, and if you are willing to accommodate me, I will bring a 6 pack of beer for your time (as long as you are over 21)! Thanks for reading. Have an awesome day!

-Jared

Welcome to the chaos. Good luck in your search. I did have a friend who was 6'7" and daily drove a miata so it can be done.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard Jared. I honestly can't think of anyone on the board who is 6'4", and has a Miata. I'm right at 6', maybe a bit taller. I've done several foamectomy's.

Are you more legs, or more torso? That could make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Welcome aboard Jared. I honestly can't think of anyone on the board who is 6'4", and has a Miata. I'm right at 6', maybe a bit taller. I've done several foamectomy's.

Are you more legs, or more torso? That could make a difference.

I have a lot of torso, but my legs also touched the steering wheel on the 97 m edition I drove. I am a lanky dude, so width isn't muchof an issue. You might be the closest to my height of the individuals I've spoken with so far. Do you know if anyone on the boards uses an aftermarket seat? I heard that might help as well. Thanks for the reply!

Sharpe:Oh that's great! Do you know what they did to fit? Any chance they are in the Dfw? Thanks for the reply.

My daughters boyfriend is a skinny punk and he is 6' 5" and he does not fit in her 2002 NB. His legs are too long to fit in the car and he is too tall to ride in it unless the top is down.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    My daughters boyfriend is a skinny punk and he is 6' 5" and he does not fit in her 2002 NB. His legs are too long to fit in the car and he is too tall to ride in it unless the top is down.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Exactly like that!