Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Autocross #2, 4/24/16, TMS Bus Lot

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Waiting...
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

We have quite a few people on the waiting list for Sunday’s event, so just a quick reminder that if you will not make the event, then you must cancel by 3 PM the day before the event (Saturday 4/23, in this case) in order to receive a full refund. After 3 PM on the day before the event, there are no refunds or credits. To cancel, simply cancel your registration on dlbracing.com.

In!
    - James

Some advice for the new/newer racers. This is my typical rain race email I send out to buddies that I get to come race:

There’s a pretty good chance of rain Sunday. You have to remove everything loose from your car when you run. You’ll also remove everything from the trunk, including the spare. I would recommend leaving anything you don’t feel is essential at home. Pack an extra set of clothes; at a minimum more socks and another shirt. Throw in a bath towel too, and maybe a second set of shoes. You’ll probably be working a corner for your work assignment, so having a cheap poncho from Wal-mart will help if it’s raining. A full rain suit would be best though. It's hard/impossible to run holding an umbrella. Having something sealable that will keep stuff dry is also a plus. I have a big plastic storage bin from Target, but trash bags work in a pinch. I’ve seen a couple guys that bring little 2 person tents to put all their stuff in when it’s rainy.

At my first rain race, I was not prepared. All my stuff got soaked, and I was so cold on the way home in my wet clothes I stopped at Wal-mart and bought a completely new (dry) outfit to put on.

All that being said, rain racing is some of the most fun you’ll have in a car. The limits are super low, and it’s one of the best ways to explore the limits of the car. I’m excited
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Good advice Daniel! I have a storage bin (used rain or shine) that keeps all my stuff dry. Last Sunday was a washout at SCCA...nothing sucks more than cold, wet feet.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Some advice for the new/newer racers. This is my typical rain race email I send out to buddies that I get to come race:

There’s a pretty good chance of rain Sunday. You have to remove everything loose from your car when you run. You’ll also remove everything from the trunk, including the spare. I would recommend leaving anything you don’t feel is essential at home. Pack an extra set of clothes; at a minimum more socks and another shirt. Throw in a bath towel too, and maybe a second set of shoes. You’ll probably be working a corner for your work assignment, so having a cheap poncho from Wal-mart will help if it’s raining. A full rain suit would be best though. It's hard/impossible to run holding an umbrella. Having something sealable that will keep stuff dry is also a plus. I have a big plastic storage bin from Target, but trash bags work in a pinch. I’ve seen a couple guys that bring little 2 person tents to put all their stuff in when it’s rainy.

At my first rain race, I was not prepared. All my stuff got soaked, and I was so cold on the way home in my wet clothes I stopped at Wal-mart and bought a completely new (dry) outfit to put on.

All that being said, rain racing is some of the most fun you’ll have in a car. The limits are super low, and it’s one of the best ways to explore the limits of the car. I’m excited

I am excited, i guess I will go pick up a pair of frogg toggs.

Now to try and do a foamectomy so I will fit under the soft top with my helmet on

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Vissi View Post
    Now to try and do a foamectomy so I will fit under the soft top with my helmet on
    You can always move your seat forward a bit, and recline more if you have to run top-up. BTDT.

Does anyone have a recommendation on good waterproof shoes that aren't hiking boots?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Consider water shoes or sandals since it will be warm enough. If you go with the latter, bring some shoes for driving. And don't wear black socks like Sammm.

Good call on the sandals...I'll just do that.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation on good waterproof shoes that aren't hiking boots?
    I use waterproof socks.

I hope it does not rain. I can't wait

All this talk of rain and the forecast changed! Woo!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    All this talk of rain and the forecast changed! Woo!
    It's going to be a floater!

PS - Never tempt the rain gods!

[QUOTE=jrj512;318664]Sunday's course:

Way too twisty!! Can't you straighten that sucker out a little?
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Sorry for the late post. Here is the run/work for 4/24 NTAXS event at TMS:

Run 1/Work 2 : 1R, 2, 3, 3R, X
    Run 2/Work 1 : 1, 2R, S2000
    Repeats after lunch.

Weather is looking good for tomorrow. Reminder, pack sunscreen, a big hat, and start to HYDRATE!! Please check in with me before going out to walk the course. See everyone tomorrow!!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Fun event today, great job NTAXS!

The course drove a lot better than it looked on paper or walking it. I really enjoyed the day! Congrats to JJ on FTD. I like to see my car driven well.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Too bad I don't fit in your seat so well, anymore. I'll bring some butter next time. Mmmm, butter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast