Thread: Busy week

Default Busy week

Hey guys, it's been a busy week, and I have posted very little this week so I'm going to make up for it tonight...er, make that this morning... :)

I have worked for Texas Driving Experience every day this week, everything from car washing to brake jobs on 7 Z06's, plus track events. Thursday, we ran at MSR the entire day with CIT Group, 19 students, and only one had ever been on a race course of any kind. Logged more than 150 miles driving, and about 100 miles riding, in both Mustangs and Corvettes. Fun day! Today, my boss and I were entered in the Lone Star Corvette Club autox at the bus lot, plus, the company supplied cars for two guest drivers, besides us. Nick Cole, former IMSA hotshoe, and son of former GM CEO, and Dick Gulstrand, Corvette Tuner extraordanaire. My boss and I were to be competing against the team of Cole and Gulstrand, them being the celebrities, and us just the vendors. Gulstrand, who is in his 70's, was ailing, so he didn't drive. So, it was two against one, and rather than add scores, they just scored us indivdually...proud to say, I kicked butt! Top time of day by more than a second on the awful course they had set up for the 300 or so drivers of the event. This thing was attended by most of the 700 plus Corvette owners who arrived yesterday and today for a full weekend at TMS. We will have them Sunday all day on the road course, thus, I won't make it to Pennington....Yeah, I'm real sad about that...NOT!
    Well, maybe a little bit...I won't get to see Ms Josey.
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Sounds like a lot of fun!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles