Thread: Caveat emptor

Default Caveat emptor

So I am officially car shopping.

Had a strange meeting yesterday on used truck that nothing but the color lined up with the description or my prior phone conversation with the "owner". (But it is always nice to see OZMDD.)

So I'm thinking I should be expanding my search farther than Craigslist so what are the cool kids using for searches these days?

Match.com?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Autotrader.com, Cars.com, Autotempest.com

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Autotempest.com
    Is that a Pontiac exclusive search??

CL is pretty good, just avoid the sketchy areas (Arlington, Grand Prairie, Euless, NRH, etc.)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

So, what is the target vehicle?

Have you considered the Ridgeline? (Yes, I know you are anti-Honda, but they are pretty sweet trucks.)
    Polished Turd Racing

Dollars (or lack of Dollars) is going to drive this project.

I'd like a Taco or a Frontier. Maybe a prior generation Colorado / Canyon or a newer Ranger. I only want 2 door and I'd prefer a Manual Transmission. I am not the demographic for today's pickup truck buyer.

Part of the specification is it needs to fit inside my garage which eliminates most full sized and 4 door offerings. (20'x 20' garage)

Current used prices and long standing dislike of all things Honda (Except for lawn mowers) is going to keep me from seeking out a Rimjob Ridgeline.
    Last edited by POS Racing; 09-06-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Polished Turd Racing

Small pickups aren't very affordable, from what I can tell. Unless you absolutely need the pickup bed, you'll find better selection and value in small suv's.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Small pickups aren't very affordable, from what I can tell.
    You may be correct! I'm not having much luck finding much I like in my TCB budget.

We may switch gears get a nice used Buick and keep the Ranger until this winters round of "Fixer Upper" is complete....