Thread: Well that blew!!

Default Well that blew!!

So everyone survive the storms OK last night? Onething didn't turn our power back on til about 7am.

Just took a walk around the house looks like we got away with nothing more than a little fence damage.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It was dark when I left the house this morning, but the big trees were still standing. Sirens and wind woke us up around 2:22am, but power never went out.

No damage to house, but the kid is at home as our whole school district is closed. Apparently the schools are all without power with no ETA due to downed power lines, and there are also several road closures in the area (due to downed power lines and/or trees), preventing the buses from running. We have been told we will be notified tonight on the status of school tomorrow.

Wow, Titus is still alive. No damage in Denton at my house. Yesterday, driving into Flower Mound showed lots of broken trees, and broken windshields, etc. from Sunday's storm.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Woke up to this and the dogs in the front lawn due to some small fence damage.

Should have tethered it down I know. We fared better than the rest of Mansfield and others on my block with missing fences and downed trees/phone poles. Mansfield ISD and half of arlington schools was closed yesterday due to power I assume.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

...I suck at the internet.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Wow, Titus is still alive. No damage in Denton at my house. Yesterday, driving into Flower Mound showed lots of broken trees, and broken windshields, etc. from Sunday's storm.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post

Woke up to this and the dogs in the front lawn due to some small fence damage.

Should have tethered it down I know. We fared better than the rest of Mansfield and others on my block with missing fences and downed trees/phone poles. Mansfield ISD and half of arlington schools was closed yesterday due to power I assume.
    A few years ago a trampoline in our neighborhood flew across the street and 2 doors down. Unfortunately the trampoline owner had left his chihuahua tied to it, and she did not survive the flight.

Storm? What storm? Actually I lucked out for once as the bad stuff was either north or south of me. At the Low Depot in Mansfield where I work the model storage buildings in the parking lot got rearranged by the wind and one tree was split by lightning. We sold out of chain saws and generators by noon.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52 View Post
    Storm? What storm? Actually I lucked out for once as the bad stuff was either north or south of me. At the Low Depot in Mansfield where I work the model storage buildings in the parking lot got rearranged by the wind and one tree was split by lightning. We sold out of chain saws and generators by noon.
    Did you get out the fire hose to keep the looters at bay?

Didn't have to do that. All the looters slept late because their alarms didn't go off because of the power outage.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

We were hit Sunday night in McKinney. The baby slept through the whole thing. The Subaru looks like a big golfball, and we're getting a new roof . . .
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan