Thread: Ride of Silence

Default Ride of Silence

http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php

I know there are a few roadies/commuters/mountain bikers among you guys.

Each year on May 20th at 7 pm, cyclists around the world gather for a ~10 mile, slow paced, silent ride to remember our fallen comrades. The "mother" ride is in Dallas at White Rock Lake. There are no t-shirts, route maps or swag bags. If you ride, come join us, or find a ride near you - there are several in the DFW area - or you can make your own.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I went to the white rock ride last night. Very cool. However I had my two year old in a buggie on the back of the bike and she sang and talked to herself the entire ride.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Y'know, with routine turnouts of 1K+ I didn't actually expect to run into anyone from here. Nice jersey, TC.

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Y'know, with routine turnouts of 1K+ I didn't actually expect to run into anyone from here. Nice jersey, TC.
    Especially didn't expect to run into you at a stoplight 13 miles from the ride start... Sorry we were in such a hurry... I didn't want to get in trouble (again) for being late.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton