Thread: Cleaning BBS Rims

Default Cleaning BBS Rims

OK those of you with the coveted BBS rim, how do you clean these things? I got a brush, but it really doesn't do a very good job cleaning out the nooks and crannies. I’ve tried a few spray-on time cleaners but haven’t found anything that works all that well.

Thanks!

When I clean my BBS's, I just use good ol' patience, elbow grease, a bucket of soapy water, and a nice soft cloth... it takes a bit with all the spokes but it's worth it.

I've never found the spray on cleaners to do a damn thing....

If you never clean them they start to look like gun barrel rims. How may gun barrel bbs's you ever seen besides mine?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    OK those of you with the coveted BBS rim, how do you clean these things? I got a brush, but it really doesn't do a very good job cleaning out the nooks and crannies. I’ve tried a few spray-on time cleaners but haven’t found anything that works all that well.

Thanks!
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Power washer with liquid Comet in the detergent tank - They'll be totally unique
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I use 3Beans method, but I do have thin brush that I use with my elbow grease and it works fine. I've been keeping them clean for almost 6 years this way. Patience is the key. It takes me almost as long to do the wheels as it does to wash and chamois the whole car. The end result is worth it. FWIW, the 15" BBS are much easier to clean than the 14".

I used to use Hot Wheels (bought at AutoZone) it helped the process a little, but not mcuh.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Default Simple Green

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing

Thanks!
    I spray mine with Simple Green and let them set for about 5 minutes and the elbow grease isn't as tough anymore.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I like the Simple Green method too. I finally got some BBS caps!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I like the Simple Green method too. I finally got some BBS caps!
    Show off!