Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCCA Autox Bus Lot June 19

Wow, great event, Kudos on the 5 runs!! My car felt great with the new suspension, cant wait till I can run it without sliding everywhere.
    Mrs Jiggerachi actually ran this event, first time autoXing, she did great!!

We had a really good time!
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I still can't get over that we got five runs! The event seemed to go smothly! Even the weather wasn't all that bad all in all a great day!

My only gripe is the third Heat Announcer, man my head still hurts from listening to his nonstop blathering…….

yeah, whats his deal, and why does he go crazy over the orange mustang conv.?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Five runs rocked! Gave me the one extra I needed to put together a good clean run. The event seemed to run smoothly. Grid was a little messed up in the second heat, just because of 2 driver cars getting mixed in with one drivers, and some 2 driver cars left over from heat one. Something about grid, and me??? Who knows... Yeah heat 3 announce was a little over the top, but he always has been. Atleast he is having fun with it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Who was doing the announce?
    You nice english! oook oook

Thank goodness it wasn't you!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    You nice english! oook oook

Thank goodness it wasn't you!
    What are you talking about? Announce can be used both as a transitive verb and an intransitive verb... and as a noun!

Besides, Jimmy Stewart said I did a good job last time I did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Besides, Jimmy Stewart said I did a good job last time I did it!
    You talkin' to ghosts again?

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

^^who is that guy?

I had a blast yesterday. It was hot, but there was a nice breeze.....I think I may have placed 1st or second in Tire Class thanks to Sammm and Onething for not showing up.

EDIT: I came in Second with a time of 65.779
    got beat by a Black 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder with a fast time of 65.755
    Last edited by jolberry; 06-20-2005 at 12:43 PM.
    No more Miata

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    You talkin' to ghosts again?
    Not that Jimmy Stewart, he is refering to our local hero and all around great guy Mr. Jimmy "Old Bull" Stewart! :cool:

OH yeah one more thing, good job Kestrel for pulling out the C stock win on his last run. That was a good battle you and John had.

Like Majik, I needed that fifth run to win my class, just squeaking past John B in our two car class (unusual for CS to only have two competitors). It was a fun course, and a well run event -- 4 in a row for the "new and improved" Texas Region SCCA! I'm serious... if there are those of you boycotting the SCCA because of past experiences, you are missing a good time. OzCop and gang have this thing humming like a well oiled machine...

The third heat announcer was John E, one of the F-Mod guys. I don't think he has any special affinity for orange Mustangs (well, his F-Mod car is a yellowish orange I suppose), it just struck him as a funny thing to be going on about. Since I do the announcing during the first heat, I won't comment on the "Commentary Stylings" of another announcer...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

The third heat announcer was John E, one of the F-Mod guys. I don't think he has any special affinity for orange Mustangs (well, his F-Mod car is a yellowish orange I suppose), it just struck him as a funny thing to be going on about. Since I do the announcing during the first heat, I won't comment on the "Commentary Stylings" of another announcer... [/QUOTE]

Yeah, John gets a bit carried away, but he's a great guy. I was surprised we allowed him behind the mike a gain after event 2 at Pennington... We have some great announcers, but sometimes the way the heats work out, you have more than one good announcer working at the same time. Of course, Kestrel is one of our finest, and his classy approach to not commenting on the style of another announcer is...uhhh....classy.
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

9th place in PAX, great job Kestrel :afro: :afro:

Wow, this is crazy. SCCA has their results out before S2k. I know S2k had some issues, but still SCCA having results the next day? Unheard of. These guys are doing something right this year!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jolberry
    ^^who is that guy?

I had a blast yesterday. It was hot, but there was a nice breeze.....I think I may have placed 1st or second in Tire Class thanks to Sammm and Onething for not showing up.

EDIT: I came in Second with a time of 65.779
    Being that close to Mr. Stirneman is awesome. Congrats to jolberry
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jolberry
    I came in Second with a time of 65.779
    Nicely done jolberry! Mr. S is no slouch at AX events!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Nicely done jolberry! Mr. S is no slouch at AX events!
    Thanks guys....I am feeling really good in this car this year so far. I just don't want to get over confident. Last year I was running out of excusses in the civic.
    No more Miata

KUDOS to Majik for pulling off some 5th run magic! (Now I know why I prefer only 4 runs ) After my first run I was thinking I might be lucky if I ended up with 4th place, but then the car started to turn and I saw the light. Great event! I look forward to returning to the bus lot next month.

Edit: Well not next month, as it turns out.
    Last edited by Mark52; 06-22-2005 at 08:59 PM.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123