Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldie Newbie

Default Oldie Newbie

I remember when they invented dirt so that might give you an idea of how old I am. Been messing with cars since 1961 and just can't seem to get my fingernails clean. I have two '92 Miata's - one is a SPECMiata and the other is an in progress "C" Model I am playing with in STS2 autocross. I don't mind helping a fellow auto enthusiast when I can (got all the tools & junk and a garage to play in). You can contact me here or at [email protected]

Welcome to the forum, Miata55!

A Spec Miata and an STS2 car, eh? Sounds like you'll fit in just fine around here!
    Last edited by altiain; 06-02-2005 at 06:48 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome Miata55! I know I've seen your blue & white Miata at a recent AX event, just can't remember which one. Were you at the TMS Road course a few weeks ago?

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Always good to see another old fart in the fray! Welcome.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Welcome Miata55! I know I've seen your blue & white Miata at a recent AX event, just can't remember which one. Were you at the TMS Road course a few weeks ago?
    Yes, as a matter of fact, my son drove in the Sunburn 2005 at TMS this year. It's the odd ball blue and white #55. It and the trailer are sadly for sale right now - but not the black #55 STS2 car. I'm keeping that one. My son and I have shared the driving at road races in TWS, TMS, Hallet, and MSR. We have both shared driving the black one in AXing. We have a ball sharing this with each other and our family (his and mine) gets to watch and share in the madness at times.

Welcome Wayne, good to have you aboard, and great to have another STS2 car among the group! Let's see, I graduated from high school in 61, and had been getting my hands dirty working on cars for 5 years prior to that working in my dad's garage/service station business...That probably makes me older than you, huh? You'll get accustomed to these young whippersnappers as well as their humor....just wear your thick skin when you log on....

No, really they're a pretty good group of folks...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Welcome aboard also.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    Welcome Wayne, good to have you aboard, and great to have another STS2 car among the group! Let's see, I graduated from high school in 61, and had been getting my hands dirty working on cars for 5 years prior to that working in my dad's garage/service station business...That probably makes me older than you, huh? You'll get accustomed to these young whippersnappers as well as their humor....just wear your thick skin when you log on....

No, really they're a pretty good group of folks...
    Ok - lemme see here! Just who is the oldest fart around these here parts. 12/29/43

I am impressed with this web site and the folks here do seem to be VERY nice (although SOOOOOO young - lol)

Hope to get to meet a lot of you folks at the Axing events.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Miata55
    Ok - lemme see here! Just who is the oldest fart around these here parts. 12/29/43

I am impressed with this web site and the folks here do seem to be VERY nice (although SOOOOOO young - lol)

Hope to get to meet a lot of you folks at the Axing events.

Wayne
    HOLY CRAP! AND I THOUGHT IS WAS THE OLD FART!..........
    07/09/52 and damned proud of it.......youth is wasted on the young. :grin:
    David
    99 Red and Tan Home
    Waxahachie, TX

Yeah, but I have him beat by a few months...the Ides of March, 1943...
    OzCop
    MSM

Holy crap! You guys are old! Shouldn't you be trading the Miatas in for walkers or something?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Holy crap! You guys are old! Shouldn't you be trading the Miatas in for walkers or something?
    My problem with a Miata is not getting in, well, yes it is, but the fun part is listening to all my bones crack when I get out...... :o
    David
    99 Red and Tan Home
    Waxahachie, TX

Quote Originally Posted by altiain

Yeah, in about 30 more years, or about the time you reach my current age....
    OzCop
    MSM

Suspension Modder

The alternative to getting old is not too enticing. It just happens to the best of us!

(4/13/1940).

Just keep working so I can continue to receive my monthly check.

Carl
    Charter member LSMC
    Former President LSMC
    Former Board Member LSMC

Quote Originally Posted by mosmiles
    The alternative to getting old is not too enticing. It just happens to the best of us!

(4/13/1940).

Just keep working so I can continue to receive my monthly check.

Carl
    ..and all this time I just thought it was that bald head that made you look old
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    ..and all this time I just thought it was that bald head that made you look old

Not fair, Merv. And even after I stood by you on a "senior moment" incident. I was bald at 19 so I am used to it (and that was a long time ago). There are worse things to be known for. If I could remember them, I would...... where was I.

Carl

Not fair, Merv. And even after I stood by you on a "senior moment" incident. I was bald at 19 so I am used to it (and that was a long time ago). There are worse things to be known for. If I could remember them, I would...... where was I.

Carl
    19? Wow! It wasn't until I was 23 that I realized I was sporting a comb-over. That's when the clippers came out for me!

Carl
    I had a senior moment??????? I don't remember!!!!!!!!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast