Thread: Lightning is awsome

Default Lightning is awsome

Coming home from work tonight, the lightning show was beautiful. It was about 11, on highway 82 between sherman and whitesboro. amazing show. not too much rain or anything to deal with.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Yeah. It didn't move through here until after midnight so I pretty much slept through it - not any serious rain here, either. But apparently the coyotes liked it...looked out the front window early this a.m. and had 2 napping on the front lawn
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

Saw the light show as well up here but we also had a good storm blow through too. My inlaws in Wichita Falls had hail.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Yah that was pretty nice. You should've seen the lightning show we had in Tulsa on the 4th! Luckily my grandma's place was just North enough to miss all of the hail and tornadoes. I can't begin to describe the intensity of the lightining that night. Half the city was out of power of and on. Even being away from the tornadoes the wind was strong enough to blow half of the tree over just missing the Miatas!

I love lightning, except when it strikes my chimney twice in one year with me less than a foot away both times!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...