Thread: New Tires

Default New Tires

Some of you know that I needed new tires when you saw them at the photo shoot a few weekends ago. I wanted a decent tire at a TCB price so I picked up 4 Kumho Ecsta ASX's at Discount Tire in Denton. I know the manager and he gave them to me for 72 a piece and no install charge. That was cheaper than Tirerack. They are rated all season and are very very quiet as I listened closely on the way home. I don't race so super sticky was not a neccesity however they held just fine after a 80 mph jaunt down I-35 to heat them up and a very quick right and left turn off the ramp. I will let you know how they hold up.
    Looking at the check book to see if the springs and shocks for next month can be bought.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Cool deal. I just ordered a set of BFG GForce Sports for about $68 a tyre from Sam's Club. I heard these were great; sticky yet 340 tread wear and all weather traction.

Check E-Bay before you buy some shocks, lots of good deals. Just got new AGX's in today for $300 off E-Bay.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    Cool deal. I just ordered a set of BFG GForce Sports for about $68 a tyre from Sam's Club. I heard these were great; sticky yet 340 tread wear and all weather traction.

Check E-Bay before you buy some shocks, lots of good deals. Just got new AGX's in today for $300 off E-Bay.
    I got some AGXs off of ebay for $270 plus shipping. What a steal!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Tim,

I jut installed FM springs w/ koni shocks.

Whooo Hooo I'm having fun with these bad boys. Keep your eyes open for deals.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba