Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miatas@Hallett 2004

I'm across the bridge in Lewisville... I refuse to drive every day across that lake bridge.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

There are back roads. I drive to Flower Mound for work and I never go near that bridge.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    I am going to Hallett this weekend.
    So Sharpie how was it??

It friggin' ROCKED!!!! They bumped Iain and I up to the experienced group last year and we had a blast. They did the same thing to me this year, but at least 5 of the cars in that class were BOOSTED and two of them were race cars, one FMII and his son with a M62. Those two were flyin, with lap times of 1:26, my best lap was 1:47. I was slow, but had fun out there. They were just too fast to have a true benefit for me, because I could only follow them through two turns and then they were gone. There was also one of the miata based Super 7's or whatever they are called, he was flyin too, that thing is SUPER light. Seems like each time I do a track event someone else is BOOSTED. I've got my sights on going turbo myself, I've been waiting 5 years and I think I'm ready to bite the bullet!

I did have one good spin in turn 6. Don't look into your mirror when you should be braking. I almost saved it with 3 little drifting manuevers, but got afraid of being hit from the car behind me, so when it was safe I let it go straight of the track and then finish with a 180 slide in the grass that left me facing the turn I had just screwed up on. The rest of the day was GREAT!!!!!!!

Next year I may go down a class to benefit from following drivers running closer to my speed.

Wish I could make MSR 4 in October, but I have a baby due on Halloween, so I bet I miss it.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

They did the same thing to me this year, but at least 5 of the cars in that class were BOOSTED and two of them were race cars, one FMII and his son with a M62. Those two were flyin, with lap times of 1:26...
    That's freakin' fast. My best lap time last year was a mid 1:38.

Wish I could make MSR 4 in October, but I have a baby due on Halloween, so I bet I miss it.
    Congrats in advance on the kiddo, Sharpie!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

eh? MSR in October?

details?
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12