Thread: Saferacer.com

Default Saferacer.com

I would like to relate the terrible experience I've had with Saferacer.com recently. I've ordered two items from them totaling about $900. In both cases they've sent me the wrong item the first time. On the second order I sent the incorrect item back and had them check my order again. They assured me it was correct but told me it was backordered. They assured me that it would only be a couple weeks before it came in and they would ship it right out to me. It's been almost two months and after several phone calls, I still don't have a steering wheel. Nearly every steering wheel they list on their website doesn't exist in stock and when I finally found one that I liked and they had, it was $40 more. I felt like they should have taken care of the difference to compensate me for all the trouble. They flatly refused and denied any wrongdoing. I won't be doing business with them again and if you want the correct parts on time, I suggest you don't either.

Have you gotten the wheel yet? If not, I hope you paid by credit card.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    If not, I hope you paid by credit card.
    Or better yet... I hope you have stopped the charge with your credit card company.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Thanks for the heads up.

When I was in the Optics business we used to have backordered stuff all the time, in most cases the Manufacturer of the product would tell me a date the product would be off backorder then when that date would come and pass the would tell me another date,..sometimes this went on for up to 6 months.
    Of coarse I would compensate the customer to their satisfaction to keep their business.
    The middle man, who you are buying the product from is most likely getting the shaft too.
    Not that I am siding with them, they have obviously made some great errors in customer service and shipping department.
    Its pretty clear they are not in the business of making customers for life.
    I hope you get satisfaction, let us know what the end result is.
    99 Miata Black

Call them back, John. ask to speak with Charlie James. He is the owner and tell him you race SMs and work with the WA WC team. I would bet that he will work a deal with you. Tell him you related your unhappy experience with them to me and I suggested you call. Charlie has always done me right. Some of his helpers may not be at the level of customer service that he would want.
    Mac