Thread: Are 1.6 pads diff than 1.8 pads?

Default Are 1.6 pads diff than 1.8 pads?

I just changed the brake pads on my 90 with 97 brake rotors and caliper brackets. Still using the 1.6 calipers. Anyways, I'm not sure if I was given the wrong set for the rear but they did not fit. I happened to have another new set and they were different.

I can't remember what I ordered when I got my track pads last time, but want to double check before I order some more. Don't want to order 1.8 pads and need the 1.6's.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Yes, they are different.

Thanks, that's what I thought. So I guess I need to order pads for the 1.8 brakes because of the brackets that hold them. Wanted to double check first since I got the pads all mixed up between cars.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Yeah, it can get confusing. I once had a bucket of used race pads I had to sort through that were 1.6l miata, 1.8l miata, and 1st gen RX7. I almost had to get out the calipers to tell them apart.