Thread: Oil pressure sender nut

Default Oil pressure sender nut

Tailchaser, this is sort of aimed at you, but anyone else can answer. I added an oil pressure sensor to my 99, so I could get a working gauge. Sunday the nut that held the wire onto the sender fell off. I would like to get another one just like it. Anyone have an idea where I can get a nut for an electrical connector like that? I went to radio shack, and they had some regular nuts, but I didnt know the size. And I would rather have one of the big ones that came with the sender.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Tailchaser, this is sort of aimed at you, but anyone else can answer. I added an oil pressure sensor to my 99, so I could get a working gauge. Sunday the nut that held the wire onto the sender fell off. I would like to get another one just like it. Anyone have an idea where I can get a nut for an electrical connector like that? I went to radio shack, and they had some regular nuts, but I didnt know the size. And I would rather have one of the big ones that came with the sender.
    Go snatch the one off Vivid, go to Elliot's hardware, and get one just like it!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Elliots? I am guessing an ACE will work also. Anything in particular I should ask for. Oil pressure sending nut usually draws blank stares. Is it a particular electrical connector or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Elliots? I am guessing an ACE will work also. Anything in particular I should ask for. Oil pressure sending nut usually draws blank stares. Is it a particular electrical connector or anything?
    If you have the nut in hand, a good hardware store should have something that will fit. Elliot's is in that category. YMMV at Ace...

To get the thumbnut pictured here, you may need to call VDO:
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Thats the problem. I am guessing the thumbnut is somewhere in the parking lot at pennington field.

Go to the hardware store and buy an assortment of nuts (sae or metric?). It's not going to bankrupt you, and one is bound to fit. Then, If you are a TRUE CB take the others you didn't use back for a refund! Or keep them in an old coffee can for future use like me.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52
    Go to the hardware store and buy an assortment of nuts (sae or metric?). It's not going to bankrupt you, and one is bound to fit. Then, If you are a TRUE CB take the others you didn't use back for a refund! Or keep them in an old coffee can for future use like me.
    If you keep the wrong ones, don't be like Mark52 or me; try to remember that those spare ones won't fit the sender unit.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Actually I found an old EGT guage I have. The nut on the back of it fit. True TCB, nadda.