Thread: Miata Jet Ski

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Miata Jet Ski

On Monster Garage (Discovery Channel) this coming Monday night...

http://dsc.discovery.com/schedule/ep...mp;channel=DSC

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Did anyone watch last night? It was 3Bean's Smurf car that went under the knife/torch! Unfortunately, it was unsuccessful and they sort of blew it up at the end of the show!

Yep, I saw part of it... the end where it didn't work. That's the first time I've ever seen the team not win/earn the tools.

That thing was pretty ratty in the end. Here's a [better] concept... instead of trying to cobble something together in one week, why don't you give them an extra couple of days to get things right? Well, I guess there's not much drama in that, but most of the stuff they come up with looks like crap -- it might "meet the specifications", but it looks terrible.

Cool show anyway...

I started to watch it but lost interest pretty quick it’s not my favorite show.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Did anyone watch last night? It was 3Bean's Smurf car that went under the knife/torch! Unfortunately, it was unsuccessful and they sort of blew it up at the end of the show!
    I cringed when I saw that.... I kept saying out loud - "I can use that fender, hood, trunk, etc, etc..."

Damn the luck. And they paid $2300 for the car.

I didn't see the show, but I know the team got tools anyway. Here's a link to a post on another board from one of the team members. Sounds like Jesse James is as much of an arsehole in person as the character he plays on TV.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I cringed when I saw that.... I kept saying out loud - "I can use that fender, hood, trunk, etc, etc..."

Damn the luck. And they paid $2300 for the car.
    Yep, and something like $3,500 in parts, and then they got free parts/labor/whatever of something lik $13,000. In the end, that pile of poop cost something like $20k...