Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: front bumper

Default ooh i'm impressed...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    You need to cool your Jets Mouglie. I also called you and idiot, it was for you excellent driving skills that you keep telling us about on this forum.

Wrecking your car on the freeway doesn’t impress me in the slightest. Especially when you add in the facts the car has brake issue and you were doing around 90 mph when you lost control of the car.

What is your mindset when you type information like that on a public forum, do you think somehow someone is going to be impressed with your lack of skills, and total disregard for your own safety as well as those around you…….
    yah wrecking on the highway is not usually something ppl do to impress others, nor to show off your skills, it's just something that can happen to everyone, yeah the car had some issues that were "adressed" by the dealership the week before this happened. why do you get the illusion that this is done to impress anyone? OK picture this, somebody wants to move to the lane you're on and they don't see you... all i did was avoid contact with this other car... This is simply a STORY of what happened, a story as any other forum would have in here, aigh? BTW, the point here is that i'm looking for a bumper, so yah... have fun.

Jolberry, when i came to you i needed tires, i was looking everywhere i could and it so happened that i got one from the dealer so really i didn't need any extras. On the site you stated that i wasted your time, it was never my intention but likewise you made me wait on you too didn't you? I don't see this as my loss on your deal, it just didn't happen and thats the end of it. Unless you have anything else to add?

The idiot's guide to creative writting, is that to teach me how to throw insults back and forth? Great job for those who've read it already...

xin chao.
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

The point here is that your driving style played a major factor in your accident, as well as the mechanical state of your car. Had you not been going 90mph, the person who swerved into your lane might have had room, or you could of had time to react. They called you an idiot because of this, driving that fast on a crowded freeway is not smart. And it has been said many times before, these guys will poke fun a little bit if they want to. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    LOL, yeah, again... i was on georgebush turnpike and lookout dr... well i didn't lookout and a car cut me of so there i go ping ponging on the walls for the exit. so yeah, my 2001 MX-5 damaged the front bumper. i was thinking of an aftermarket bumper but if anyone has one lying around let me know...
    i had it coming, i haven't fixed my brakes so one of them gripped harder than the other side which caused me to fishtail at about 90mph... note to self, replace brake pads!
    Don't get too bent out of shape; you're not going to receive any empathy after commenting that you fishtailed at 90 mph and needed to replace the brake pads.

Sorry to hear you damaged your car, but you couldn't have been driving very intelligently if you wrecked in that location. My bank is right there and I don't see how you could get near the wall IMO. Were you on GB or the service road?
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    You need to cool your Jets Mouglie.
    He didn't say "jump your jets" .....Now I wonder about your reading skills...
    You need to realize that "YOU" made the first mention of being an IDIOT. The rest of us just repeated what you said...."i don't know, what do you guys think? (other than what an idiot i am... "

Good luck finding the bumper.......
    Last edited by riverracer; 08-08-2005 at 02:55 AM.
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Cool hey

see this is more like it, acutally making sence intead of calling me an idiot.

*Icepenguin66, I was on GB about to make the exit so that swerving got me close to the wall... if i mentioned anything about feeling like an idiot it's only because i could have avoided this and i recognize it...
    *Blackzx3... there was no driving style used here, just going on my lane and it wasn't crowded, true i could have avoided this by driving on the limit, but let me get this clear, i never drive to the point where i can endanger anyone else, the closest i've been was almost falling asleep on the wheel one time which i pulled over to the side of the road and got some rest... If i was speeding it was only because the tollway was empty at the time. (i'm not fired up over this either)

*riverracer, you're right, he didn't say jump your jets, actually i was the one who said it, wonder for your own reading skills before anyone elses aigh?

quote: "hmm, i don't know, what do you guys think? (other than what an idiot i am... )"
    i was asking for opinions on the accident itself given the information of the cars damage versus what most ppl expected, by this i wanted to steer the conversation towards how the miata's are really good in this type of situations versus other heavier cars that would have stopped dead on contact and totaled the car...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

yah wrecking on the highway is not usually something ppl do to impress others, nor to show off your skills, it's just something that can happen to everyone, yeah the car had some issues that were "adressed" by the dealership the week before this happened. why do you get the illusion that this is done to impress anyone? OK picture this, somebody wants to move to the lane you're on and they don't see you... all i did was avoid contact with this other car... This is simply a STORY of what happened, a story as any other forum would have in here, aigh? BTW, the point here is that i'm looking for a bumper, so yah... have fun.
    My thought is you actually told us about you escapades on the Highway, you told us about the speed you were traveling and how the car had a brake issue. Seems like boastful noise to me
    LOL, yeah, again... i was on georgebush turnpike and lookout dr... well i didn't lookout and a car cut me of so there i go ping ponging on the walls for the exit. so yeah, my 2001 MX-5 damaged the front bumper. i was thinking of an aftermarket bumper but if anyone has one lying around let me know...
    i had it coming, i haven't fixed my brakes so one of them gripped harder than the other side which caused me to fishtail at about 90mph... note to self, replace brake pads!
    And who could forget you epic tale of showing off for your friends and slamming your car into a curb.

Your the one giving us the information that is causing us to reply that maybe your driving skills could use some work, and slowing down (AKA Cooling your Jets) may be something you want to consider! If you don’t want a reply don’t post.
    Last edited by POS Racing; 08-08-2005 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    Don't get too bent out of shape; you're not going to receive any empathy after commenting that you fishtailed at 90 mph and needed to replace the brake pads.
    Chris figured it out - it ain't that difficult.

Mouglie, we hardly even know you, but what we do know about you so far (wrecked your car badly enough to damage the suspension while doing donuts on the street, wrecked your car at 90mph on the freeway with bad brakes) would lead me to conclude that you're an idiot with minimal driving ability, and a threat to those who share the road with you.

I'm not trying to call names, just trying to call it how I see it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

blah, blah, blah, wah, wah, wah...
    Last edited by sammm; 08-08-2005 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Mouglie, we hardly even know you, but what we do know about you so far (wrecked your car badly enough to damage the suspension while doing donuts on the street, wrecked your car at 90mph on the freeway with bad brakes) would lead me to conclude that you're an idiot with minimal driving ability, and a threat to those who share the road with you.
    I don't necessarily want to jump on the bandwagon here, but IMHO altiain has pretty much hit the nail on the head. You've come on an open forum to regale us with your escapades, and now you're feeling a little... ah,er,um... abused. I think you'll find that the folks on this forum rarely applaud your "style" of driving, so if you've come here looking for sympathy or a hero's welcome, you've come to the wrong place. If, on the other hand, you are recognizing your past transgressions and are looking for (1) help on repairing the damage you've done, and (2) advice on how to be more responsible on the road -- while still having fun in this great sports car -- then hang out, listen, and learn.

Mouglie, I'm looking forward to you proving that our initial impression of you is wrong...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Am I the only one that wishes this thread would just die?

Die???
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12