Thread: Barichello finally leaving Ferrari -

Talking Barichello finally leaving Ferrari -

We'll see if he's got the goods now... no longer being the Champ's wingman! It's a helluva salary cut but so be it...

LINKIE

Barichello has been a class act with Ferrari, and both the team and Michael owe him a lot. They'll find out just how much when Massa takes over the #2 spot at Ferrari (no more Constructors Championships for Ferrari...).

Go get 'um Rubens!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I dont know what rubens is thinking. In the years Micheal has been winning few will argue that they had the best car, and that Micheal was the best driver. Ofcourse Rubens is going to be number two. What position does he think he is going to be in with a lesser car? So 5th or 6th is better than 2nd as long as it isnt in a red car?? This year the Ferrari has been lacking. I noticed Micheal in 2nd on Sunday, good ole Rubens was in 10th. Even if Rubens was in a Mclaren (that was reliable) I really doubt he would beat Micheal. Dont get me wrong. I really like Rubens, I dont really think Ferarri or Micheal owe him. He was the teammate to one of the best drivers ever, he should expect to be the second driver. I just dont get what he expects on a different team. To be the first driver for the team, but still get beat in the race? Also as old as he is getting he might play second fiddle to some new hot shot in the next year or two. Why would BAR (that is where he is going right? I didnt read the link) support Rubens over a new Rookie they are trying to mold into the next World Champion?

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Why would BAR (that is where he is going right? I didnt read the link) support Rubens over a new Rookie they are trying to mold into the next World Champion?
    Correct... but then wouldn't you rather have Barichello over Sato... one is guaranteed to come back with the engine intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Correct... but then wouldn't you rather have Barichello over Sato... one is guaranteed to come back with the engine intact.
    Sure, I would love to have Rubino on any team. I wonder why he wants to leave the best team in the paddock (true they are having issues this year)

Sure, I would love to have Rubino on any team. I wonder why he wants to leave the best team in the paddock (true they are having issues this year)
    I wonder why he didn't do it previous to this season. It's gotta be tiring constantly being second fiddle to The Man. Besides, all the media attention, contract money, and constant testing was for Michael... Barichello should have left way long before this.

Is Barichello drinking the same thing that the Bridgestone engineers are drinking? Is this the only way he can get to drive some competitive rubber again? Has he seen the 2006 V8 dyno numbers from Ferrari?

I think most of us here would drive for free if we could just keep a seat in the red car. He already has the million$.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    I think most of us here would drive for free if we could just keep a seat in the red car. He already has the million$.
    Endorsements alone would take care of my current poverty!

It's gotta be tiring constantly being second fiddle to The Man.

That is what I am getting at, he will be playing second fiddle to Micheal on any other team. Rubens is very quick, but I just dont think he is fast enough to beat Micheal in another car, especially a BAR. (Not to be confused with BUR...)

Quote Originally Posted by general default

Its funny you say that. At the USGP when the Montiero came in third and was soo happy, I had to explain to my girlfriend that no matter the cause a podium for him will probably never happen. He had better celebrate when he can. She asked why he even does it, and I said anyone in the world would take his job if he didnt want it. I would give anything to drive a Minardi let alone a red car.

...especially a BAR. (Not to be confused with BUR...)
    I can only wish...

But you're right. I think, emotionally, Rubes wants to be the leader of the pack. It may be a deficient pack, but a pack nonetheless.

Talking

Its funny you say that. At the USGP when the Montiero came in third and was soo happy, I had to explain to my girlfriend that no matter the cause a podium for him will probably never happen. He had better celebrate when he can. She asked why he even does it, and I said anyone in the world would take his job if he didnt want it. I would give anything to drive a Minardi let alone a red car.
    I defended his cheering too... most folks were down on his happiness. I questioned the next time he'd have the opportunity and after that, they mostly agreed!

I defended his cheering too... most folks were down on his happiness. I questioned the next time he'd have the opportunity and after that, they mostly agreed!
    Hell yeah, I would have been going nuts. I felt bad that Micheal and Rubens didnt humor him and give him a spray. I realize they werent happy about the situation, but its not like they were honoring someone like they do after someone has died.