Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iTunes and Miata CD player problems

Default iTunes and Miata CD player problems

Since the members on this board have a solution for everything I thought I would ask if other people have this problem.

Using an Apple and iTunes writing purchased tunes to the Superdrive I seem to have problems playing this disk on the 99' Miata in-dash player. Some times it will play but most of the time you hear the player searching the disk. Like it is trying to read the directory or find a starting point.

To make it work partially I can put a store bought CD song at the first of the song burning and add iTunes tunes after it (all on the same burn) and get it to start and play some songs. But if you tell it to skip to the next song it will loose its place and constantly searches the CD with no sound. It will not remember where it was playing if you switch back to radio. (well it might remember but it will search to no avail).

Regular Store bought CD's work fine.

Tired different media brands and no difference. I think I have tried recording at different speeds. Seems like the disk play ok on home cd players.

Any music experts have some iDeas.

Got a road trip to Topeka this weekend and don't want to hear the same songs for 7 hours :)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It used to be the CD-RW disks used a different type of dye that some older CD players couldn't read. Are you using re-writeable blank disc's or one-timers?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    It used to be the CD-RW disks used a different type of dye that some older CD players couldn't read. Are you using re-writeable blank disc's or one-timers?
    I think I have tried both types but I have been using the cd-r in the last attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Make sure that you're burning the music as CD format and not as MP3s or as the iTunes default of AAC files.
    Here are the settings I used on the last burn.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It's like it's not writing a TOC (table of contents) or something. I've never burned a CD using an Apple, but have created several on Wintel without issue using ITunes.(except for the CD-RW problem early on).

I have also imported some songs off vinyl records to iTunes and they have the same problem.

I did not see any setting about finalizing. I have heard about that kind of thing on DVD's

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    I did not see any setting about finalizing. I have heard about that kind of thing on DVD's
    Should say something about 'closing the session'. (Music CD's need it too)

Did not see on google where other people are having this problem so it must be "i", (me). Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

Also, if you have an iPod to go along with iTunes... here's another method to take your songs along with you... not cheap, but I've heard it works well..

LINK

--
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

At target where I work, we have a mini transmitter for the ipod that will play it over your car radio. I have several friends with this, and they are pretty happy with it. They use the ipod as a remote control for their radio. 24.99 I think.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I like the prices for the iPod solutions. Maybe some day I will get an iPod.
    Waiting to hear more about the Apple iTunes phone by Mot.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

I noticed this, too -- it's as though iTunes (and the Finder burn) don't defrag the data during the burn. Proof that it's much worse than it seems: if you copy those MP3 files from the CD-R back to your HD, you'll see the files have actually been respliced together! I stopped dinking with it when I found Toast did things right.

Personally, I much prefer MP3 CD-Rs over the 'Pod for the car. One less thing to have to take with me and one less set of controls to have to reach to. Plus I am too cheap to pop for a dock connector for audio-out, and the headphone input to my HU's aux-in just doesn't cut it.

Im prolly getting an ipod for my birthday, and I plan on getting the radio transmitter. I have way too many cd's to keep track of.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace
    I noticed this, too -- it's as though iTunes (and the Finder burn) don't defrag the data during the burn. Proof that it's much worse than it seems: if you copy those MP3 files from the CD-R back to your HD, you'll see the files have actually been respliced together!
    What I do to relieve this is have iTunes place the music in a folder seperate from iTunes itself and not allow it to catagorize my music for me. It keeps the MP3s intact and without splices.

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace
    I stopped dinking with it when I found Toast did things right.
    I put the CD-R in the "Toaster" and they melted?

I have been looking for a reason to buy that program. Thanks for the tip!

I was having the same problem and "Toast" fixed it. Of course this was when I had a Honda. I did notice that sometimes playing burned CDs in the miata it will not let me skip to the next song. Lets say I was on track 9 and I try to go to 10. It will go back to 9 even when I try to go to 8. After ejecting and starting over it works fine.

Nice to see more Mac users on here.
    No more Miata

I bought Toast program today. ver 6.0.3
    Tried to burn iTunes music with the program and all I got on purchased music was silence. Other recordings will work. Reading several sites I found this.

ITunes and Toast no longer Compatible
    from the Roxio website...

Issue:
    Can I use audio tracks that I have purchased from the iTunes Music in my Toast 6 or Jam 6 project?
    Solution:
    Following discussions with Apple, the most recent scheduled update to Toast and Jam (versions 6.1 and 6.0.3 respectively) released on May 10, 2005 to support Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), will no longer allow customers to use purchased iTunes music store content to create audio CDs, audio DVDs or export audio to their hard drive.

Toast and Jam still will allow you to create audio CDs, audio DVDs and

Site URL

So I wasted $100 on that program. :mad:

I should have spent the money on the Divisional instead of the program.
    And you know the outside of the box does not say it will NOT work with iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    So I wasted $100 on that program. :mad:
    Demand your money back! Although I get the feeling there's probably a no return policy, eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast