Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bicycles!

Default Bicycles!

Well I got Vivid a Trek Navigator 100 and I got the kid a Trek 820 from Bikes Inc. in Keller. I swiped my neighbor’s Specialized Mountain bike.

Well the girls want to add accessories to the bikes like computers and bottle holders and all the other bling bling stuff.

So where do you cheap bastard get your Bike Stuff?

TIA

I get my bike stuff at a small bike shop in Frisco. Although I originally bought my bling bling in Florida.

The expensive stuff is at Richardson's Bike Mart... in fact, they've opened up a shop in Frisco.

Pricepoint is a good place for bike parts at cheap prices, especially their sale stuff. I picked up a new front fork earlier this summer at 66% off the original MSRP.

Other than that, I like to support my local independent bike shop, Bicycles, Inc. in Bedford.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks! That's what I was looking for, I knew you CB's don't pay full price! :cool:

We started our Bike serch in Bedford, but ended up buying the bikes at the Keller Bikes Inc!

For mail order stuff, I really like Bike Nashbar.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

www.nashbar.com is a good one I've used a bunch of times. Good customer service if you need it.

A few others -

http://www.performancebike.com/

http://www.pricepoint.org/

http://www.cambriabike.com/

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Target
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I was going to post a pic of my GT bike but it's no longer on their website!

Thanks for the link altiain, I used to frequent an indie shop in Jax... Bikes, Etc.
    Google Images is your friend...

I found a pic of my current ride, a '99 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR-XC:

Mine looks a little different, though, with Sun riser bars, a Judy fork, and a Body Geometry saddle.

Speaking of riding, lugnutjon and I were planning on hitting Northshore Trail in Grapevine tomorrow morning. If you're interested in joining us, PM me, or just look for my car at the Rockledge trailhead shortly after 9:30am on Sunday.
    Last edited by altiain; 08-06-2005 at 05:36 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

Any of you guys ever order from http://www.jensonusa.com/ ?

They have a computer at a really Team CB Price!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing

I have something like that... it tells you MPH, Distance, Avg. Distance, Timed Distance, Pace, etc., etc.

It's actually a pretty handy thing to have if you're into calculating work outs for bicycles.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Any of you guys ever order from http://www.jensonusa.com/ ?

I have and had no problems with them. As far as computers, I'd go with the Cateye brand. I've tried several brands and they have worked out the best for me.

Like this one -
    http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

BTW, if you're serious about getting into recreational cycling in this climate, the first piece of kit I recommend that you buy is a Camelbak. It beats water bottles hands down, and it comes in handy at autocrosses (and skiing, and hiking, etc....) as well.

Get one with plenty of pockets. Buy a small hand pump and a patch kit, toss them in the Camelbak, and learn how to patch a bike tire. You can thank me for the advice later.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    BTW, if you're serious about getting into recreational cycling in this climate, the first piece of kit I recommend that you buy is a Camelbak. It beats water bottles hands down, and it comes in handy at autocrosses (and skiing, and hiking, etc....) as well.

Get one with plenty of pockets. Buy a small hand pump and a patch kit, toss them in the Camelbak, and learn how to patch a bike tire. You can thank me for the advice later.

I got one just to autoX, thinking I might get a bike sometime! It makes a huge difference at an autoX. I find myself staying completely hydrated the whole day, and at then end of the day I am much less tired.

Buy a small hand pump and a patch kit,
    With the small hand pump I used to carry a small quick refill CO2 kit. Just a couple of CO2 tubes with a special one way valve to get your bike tires up to pressure easier.

I see there are a few different variations availble from Camelbak, what do you guys recommend??

TIA! :grin:

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I see there are a few different variations availble from Camelbak, what do you guys recommend??
    I have one of the original 'classic' ones that I've had for years. I just bought one of these a few months back. I found an '04 model on clearance for $39.

http://www.camelbak.com/rec/cb_prod....product_id=350

TIA! :grin:
    I currently have a Mule. I started out with one of the Classic ones when they first came out, but I found I wanted more space to carry crap. Also, I wanted one with room for a 100oz. bladder, for long rides or all-day autocrosses.

If you ski, don't forget that a Camelbak can be used to keep hot liquids (like Irish coffee ) hot, as well.

3Bean, I used to use those little CO2 cartridges myself. However, they aren't chepa if you're flat prone!
    Last edited by altiain; 08-07-2005 at 08:23 PM.
    Iain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast