Thread: One of our own makes it into Sports Car magazine...

Default One of our own makes it into Sports Car magazine...

Sports Car, the official magazine of the SCCA, does a two-page profile every month of a different club member from around the country. This month, that profile is our very own resident Spec Miata pilot and golf pro, IPRESS!

Hats off to you, Mac!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Got links?
    http://www.sccasportscar.com/ But looks lkike they don't do the magizine online. Must be one of the benifits of my SCCA Membership!

Just read the article very cool IPRESS!

Who's gonna pull out the scanner????
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Nice article. All those who thing IPRESS and OzCop are the coolest kids around, give us a ! I mean, how does it get any better than either
    • being a Golf Pro and SM Racer or
    • being a TMS Performance Driving Instructor and a top Solo II pilot?
    Nice work if you can get it! Anyway, here's yer first two
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Well the SM racing has gotten to be more fun then the golf proing! Anytime I am introduced as a PGA Pro, everybody thinks TV and the Tour. In reality it is getting carts out and bags on carts and helping old lady Smith try to make contact and keeping little Johnnie from tearing up the greens........ I could go on and on. On the otherside My worst days as a golf pro beat most of my best days in any other profession (excluding Deuce Bigalow's)! Still, I wish that I had more weekend time to do more racing. SM racing is a complete rush everytime I race. The team work (when I have crew help) and the fellowship of the people you rce against is just like the locker room in golf. Well sort of. This week I was playing in a golf tournament up in Prosper, and aftr the round a few of us went to McKinney to eat (and drink.) While doing both, one of the pro's fell out of his chair in the steakhouse while telling us how he hit some goofy shot. I did the same thing in Atlanta one night describing how three SMs went through the tunnel and down the hill at RAtlanta. SEE so it relates!
    I can only guess that SCCA has very few interesting members if I am making the pages. Now OZ has some good stories he should make the cover sometime.

I would like to crew for you sometime if I can get off work.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    I would like to crew for you sometime if I can get off work.
    I was just thinking the same thing. Next time you're racing at MSR or TMS, let me know - I'd love to lend a hand!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw