Thread: Network / Cable internet question

Default Network / Cable internet question

Ok for some reason my internet has decided to start craping out on me, after 6 months of absolutely no problems. Almost everytime I get on the computer after about 10 - 20 minutes, the internet dosent come up. Everyting shows to be connected, I can see the packets ticking slowly in the connection properties window, the receive light is blinking on the cable modem, but the send light dosent seem to be doing anything.

Heres a screenshot from this handy dandy network monitoring program I use...

Now usually I can unplug my router, or modem for a few secs, & that will take care of it, but just now I had to reset my router, then it came up fine, but I doubt this will fix it.

What would cause this, after 6 months of working fine, & nothing being changed on my setup??

Normally I would think my router would be the problem, but this same thing happened to me when I first got it hooked up at this apartment 6 months ago, then mysteriousely went away.

Also, my parents just got cable internet, & theyre having the same dang problem with theirs, different ISP though.

Im pretty good with computers, but kindof new at networking, usually I can tinker with it & figure out the problem, but this has me stumped...any help would be much appreciated.

Oh yea, its Comcast cable, & a D-link router(use it for firewall & occasional file swapping...etc.) Parents have Charter cable.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Could be a DNS issue if your connection shows to be active. Websites aren't resolving the way they should be.

Check out this website for all kinds of good info regarding broadband -
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/ (forums section)