Thread: Mobile glass repair?

Default Mobile glass repair?

I'm starting to think the CRV is cursed. First, a flat at 2500 miles. Now (at 3500 miles), something put a three-inch crack in my windshield on the way home on 635 tonight.

Any recommendations on a place that does mobile glass repair? I'd prefer to have the CRV fixed at work than commute in the Miata while it's 100+ degrees every day.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Call your insurance company and they should fix it without a deductable and it should not raise your premiums. They will schedule to have someone come out to your work and fix the windshield.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I have a friend with an 05' CRV bought at the beginning of the year. First month, a rock flew out of the lawn mower and broke the back window, then a piece of trash flew out of truck and clobbered the grill, hood, and radiator, then she got rearended, right after getting it fixed. Could it be a CRV curse?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

My .02: Stick with the pros. Every time I've messed with windshield "repair" it's ended up worse than when I started.

YMMV.

C

Please don't say that - other than the rock chip and having to change a flat in "business casual" attire while it was 96 degrees outside, I like this trucklet.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    My .02: Stick with the pros. Every time I've messed with windshield "repair" it's ended up worse than when I started.

YMMV.

C
    I'm with you - besides, it sounds like patience is required for 3Bean's suggestion, and that's not something I have in abundance.
    Iain

How about Glass Doctor? Anyone ever heard of them?
    Iain

Would you just call your insurance people already! Geez!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Would you just call your insurance people already! Geez!
    I had gotten a crack in the windshield of our MPV just before moving to Texas... My State Farm policy from CA told me I could wait to have it done once I was in Texas if it was more convenient. I called them once we were here, and they connected me with a mobile service that came out and did it the same day. I don’t even recall the company… State Farm arranged it all.