Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star Miata Club Homecoming - Oct. 15, 2005

Chassis Designer

Wink Lone Star Miata Club Homecoming - Oct. 15, 2005

Lone StarMiata Club Homecoming 2005
    Saturday, October 15, 2005

Well, high schools do it, colleges do it, why not LSMC?

Let’s have a Homecoming celebration! No parades, no football game, no dance, no mums, (unless you just want to). Let’s do a fun drive and eat at a great restaurant.

Now, aside from having our usual great time, the point of this homecoming will be to try to get some of our old friends we haven’t seen for a while to come out and play, and meet all of the new faces. This will also be a great chance for those of you who don't know the club to check us out. But MOSTLY, we just want to see those we've missed!

We’ll start in McKinney, leaving from the Jack-In-The-Box on US 380, just east of US 75. Be there in time for a 1:00 departure.

We’ll travel some country roads to get to Catfish Haven near Lake Texoma by about 3:30 pm. The group will be sorted by driving styles, so we'll try to avoid mixing those want to feel a bit of breeze in their hair vs those who want to catch the scenery.

Catfish Haven, in addition the obvious, has a full menu of the usual Texas country fare. Chicken fried everything, as well as real, fresh, veggies, and… over a dozen different fresh baked pies, (white fudge pecan pie… mmmmmm).

Following this, we’ll drive a few more favorite roads, ending in McKinney before 6:00.

I will need a head count. Just let me know by the 13th.

Bill & Jan
    [email protected]
    888 539 5577
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

Chassis Designer

Nope, anyone with a Miata is welcome
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT

Catfish Haven? Where is this located?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Well duh, I was just wondering what highway it is on. If it is the one I'm thinking about, its about 5 min from my house.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    Well duh, I was just wondering what highway it is on. If it is the one I'm thinking about, its about 5 min from my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by billccsi
    anyone with a Miata is welcome
    So you'll need to stay at home blackzx3_13...

Hey I have a hot wheels of a miata, he didn't say it had to be a real one.

Arrow i'm game

count me in...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by billccsi

We’ll travel some country roads to get to Catfish Haven.
    Did someone say "Catfish" again?

Haven or Heaven!!! What's the difference I'll be there....
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

I would love to do this except its on Saturday.
    Bill please let me know if you guys do something like this on a Sunday in the future as it's my only Free day , these days.
    Thanks
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I would love to do this except its on Saturday.
    Bill please let me know if you guys do something like this on a Sunday in the future as it's my only Free day , these days.
    Thanks
    Billy you need to change that free day....
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Hey Bill,
    Don't you think you could leave from a little bit further north and east? The only way it would be farther is if I came from Granbury....... Back in the old days, I wouldn't have even given the distance a thought. Could it be the cost of gas? Perhaps old age? More like just too much to do and not enough hours in the day We'll try.
    MAD
    Last edited by MadMerv; 08-26-2005 at 08:02 AM.

Chassis Designer

Catfish Haven is about 5 miles north of Whitesboro on US 377.

LSMC now has a bunch of current and former members NE of the metromess, and in an effort to have events with start points scattered around so everyone has a shot at a close event...

In the past year or so we've had starts in Benbrook, Lake Worth, Roanoke, Arlington, Denton, Cedar Hill and Midlothian
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT

I thought it was near my house, now I just need a Miata. . .

I'm torn on this one....

On one hand it's literally a 5 minute drive from my house to the meeting point.

On the other, It's LSMC and I don't know if the bad blood is over between the Outlaws and LSMC.

On the first hand, I did miss the social aspects of Miata clubs.

Then again, I can't say I have much to say to many of the LSMC members...

However, I'm older and more mature now.

But I'd want my wife to go but she is avoiding Miata runs until the baby is born.

Maybe if Checker and Sharpie and Merv and some of the new MME doods showed up It would be easier to decide.

So, who is going?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Suspension Modder

William,

We are all older and more mature.

This event has been presented as a reunion of sorts for ALL current members, former members and guests. This would include the “outlaws”, “inlaws”, “zoom-zoom’s”, and other groups that have formed within the larger club. We have even had “city” groups that have met much like what you are seeing among MME folks.

Bill sets a reasonable pace on his runs after our mandatory drivers meetings where we go over the club rules. We don’t stick as rigidly to the “no-pass” rule anymore and don’t stress trying to keep everyone staying in line on busy roads. Not that staying in line is a bad thing as it is impressive to see, but it can be dangerous taken to extremes. There usually are very specific instructions passed out so everyone can drive at their own pace.

We must have the meeting and sign the waiver. That’s it, and all we ask. If you can do it, come on out.

Carl Long

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast