Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a name for my new Miata-only parts website!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    But he does take
    That's Funny. How many people try to paypal you for a turret press, POS?

BTW, you might want to run the front page copy through a spell checker:

The Harrison Industrial Equipment Co., Inc. is a Machine Tool Distributor Specializing in New and Used Equipment & Supplies for Precision Fabricating, Stamping, and Structural Applications.

We know how to make Sheet Metal Parts. Let us Help Solve Your Production Problems. Proto Types <----(this should be one word ), Short Run, and High Volume.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    That's Funny. How many people try to paypal you for a turret press, POS?

BTW, you might want to run the front page copy through a spell checker:
    You need punches, dies, control parts, and the list goes on for most turrets, as well as pretty much any piece of fabricating equipment! We did a surprising amount of Paypal / Visa / Master Card / Discover / Amex business just last year alone. Parts and tooling represent about 50% to 60% of our total yearly sales. We have several big customers whose maintenance departments only use credit cards. :cool:

Appreciate the tip on the spelling error!

But back to my original question if you want lets say a CNC Turret Press, your run of the mill lazy engineer is going to Goggle something that describes what he needs, he is not going to goggle my company name.

Would think it would be the same for a Miata Clutch, Master Cylinder, Rotor, katzkin Seat covers and so on, I’m betting most folks aren’t looking for a specific company they are looking for a specific product.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    But back to my original question if you want lets say a CNC Turret Press, your run of the mill lazy engineer is going to Goggle something that describes what he needs, he is not going to goggle my company name.
    As a run-of-the-mill lazy engineer who spent the entire work day today Googling variations on "direct-drive, panel-mount, 26", 7000cfm, 24vdc, fan", I resent that comment.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    As a run-of-the-mill lazy engineer who spent the entire work day today Googling variations on "direct-drive, panel-mount, 26", 7000cfm, 24vdc, fan", I resent that comment.
    And somehow I have a feeling he was directing that comment towards you too...

Cool title

Well first of, Congrats on the Idea. A miata only website, will this be internet-base only, or will you feature a show room and perhaps a mechanic shop right beside it?

For the name i would vote for:

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    www.TCBMiataParts.com

I'm sure the TCB President would grant you permission if certain incentives were offered.

Eh, it's got a nice ring to it, and i'm sure that with this name, you could make some decals to promote your site and have several miatas wear it.

The catalog idea is really good, some people know what they're looking for so they type in a search, but like me, when i bearly got my car i wasn't aware of all the things i could do to it, so visuals would help noobs to get an idea of what to chose from.

Hope this helped...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Initially, it will only be internet and, possibly, catalog.

If it really takes off...who knows!?!

I would like to see "Drop Top Cafe" on a sign somewhere with ample parking and some very, very cold Shiner Bock on tap.

Just imagine...kickin' back with your friends(old and those you've not met yet) watching Speed Channel or a football game while someone slaps an extra 80hp on your Miata in the back!
    Never raise your hands to your children...it leaves your groin unprotected!

Arrow awesome

Drop Top Cafe... nice... hmmm Drop Top Bar and Grill... that way convertibles and hot chicks can drop their tops.
    So how's the website coming along? Is the paperwork finished or still in that phase? Are you gonna design the webpage or do you have someone to do the the web design for you? Anyway hope things go well with this idea...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Am I that transparent?

I was thinking kinda like Hooters meets Sonic...meets miata speedshop...

I am doing my own page construction and admin at this point. If it gets too big, I have a contingient web admin company that is quite reasonable.
    Never raise your hands to your children...it leaves your groin unprotected!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12