Thread: It's official: gas prices still not high enough

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Default It's official: gas prices still not high enough

I had two full-size V8 pickups pick drag race fights with me today. (Not much of a 'race' per se; they floor it and beat me (duh) and I tuck in behind while they run 15-20 over the limit.) One of them was pulling a trailer (okay, so I wasn't pushing very hard) but was easily outmaneuvered when traffic thickened.

Apparently seeing a red 30mpg I-4 roadster somehow calls their manhood into question?

I hereby mock their stupidity and mourn their wastefulness. Thank you for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace
    I had two full-size V8 pickups pick drag race fights with me today. (Not much of a 'race' per se; they floor it and beat me (duh) and I tuck in behind while they run 15-20 over the limit.) One of them was pulling a trailer (okay, so I wasn't pushing very hard) but was easily outmaneuvered when traffic thickened.

Apparently seeing a red 30mpg I-4 roadster somehow calls their manhood into question?

I hereby mock their stupidity and mourn their wastefulness. Thank you for listening.
    Shall I get bumper stickers printed?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I have alot of that out here in the country. A bunch of hick cowboys think their trucks are so fast. They rev at my focus, and do like 85 on highway 82.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I have notice more people driving slower but it seems most of the speeders are gas guzzling SUVs and Full-size pickups.

I have been driving between 55-65mph in the middle or slow lane and noticed a huge improvement in mileage. I used to drive at 70-80mph. At 55-65mph I should be getting tailgated, flipped off, and passed by everyone but people have slowed down.

Still, the evil side of me want's to print up fliers with a picture of gas at $3+ per gallon and the words "Ha! Ha! and leave them on the windshield of ever H2 I find. Serves those selfish, "keeping up with the Joneses" idiots right. What do they get? 9mpg?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

What is it with Pickups and Miatas?
    Me and the wife have both noticed when we are driving the Miata Trucks are the ones wanting to race us not Mustangs or Vettes.
    I cant wait to get a Supercharger but a part of me doesn't really care to race them I just want it for getting off and on the Freeway and Passing with ease.

I dont even try to race them in the Miata it would just encourage them...lol
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    What is it with Pickups and Miatas?
    Me and the wife have both noticed when we are driving the Miata Trucks are the ones wanting to race us not Mustangs or Vettes.
    I cant wait to get a Supercharger but a part of me doesn't really care to race them I just want it for getting off and on the Freeway and Passing with ease.

I dont even try to race them in the Miata it would just encourage them...lol
    There is nothing like a mild brake check followed by 100 yards of supercharged WOT to put a really nice look of confusion on the face of a tailgating pickup.