Thread: VW Eos -- Tempted?

Default VW Eos -- Tempted?

From Autoweek:

New Volkswagen honcho Wolfgang Bernhard is big on dreams: working on them, driving them, making them come true, and VW is clearly dreaming big with its newest drop-top, which went from concept (in the form of the Concept C) to production reality in just 18 months. The four-place cabrio/coupe features a nifty, retractable five-section hardtop roof, five engine choices ranging from 115 to 250 hp and transmission options including the DSG direct-shift gearbox. The Eos will launch next spring in Europe and should hit the States sometime later in '06.

Seems pretty big and heavy. Maybe if I were in the market for something that could haul kids? Dunno. Not bad, but likely to be 'spensive.

S.

Is this platform also going to be used for the Audi A4?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Is this platform also going to be used for the Audi A4?
    It's the Golf platform. I know it underpins the A3, but I believe the A4 is on a different platform now. I may be mistaken. VW loooooves platform sharing. :alien:

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    It's the Golf platform. I know it underpins the A3, but I believe the A4 is on a different platform now. I may be mistaken. VW loooooves platform sharing. :alien:

S.
    Yea I was trying to figure out what Audi this would be!

I dunno what platform it's on, but they have coupe & sedan versions of those cars here (in Mexico) already... I see several of them in our parking lot I think... (or things that look just like it..)

They have lots of funny VWs here :)
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Not interested. If I needed a four place, fwd convertible, I'd be looking hard at a Mini Cooper S 'vert.

Besides, I don't particularly like VW's new styling direction. I liked the outgoing Passat, Golf, and Jetta, but I don't like the looks of the new ones. Come to think of it, what's happened to the Germans? Used to be you could always count on VW, Audi, and BMW to have understated, stylish good looks... now they all look hideous.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey if you’re afraid of the VW you could always go with a Pontiac hardtop convertible!

http://www.pontiac.com/g6/

looks like a jetta coupe convertible from behind. if i were going to buy any new VW id be the upcoming GTi.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey if you’re afraid of the VW you could always go with a Pontiac hardtop convertible!

http://www.pontiac.com/g6/
    I'll probably get my "car guy" card pulled for this, but the Pontiac looks better.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Geez, I can't believe I'm saying this, but altiain is right on both accounts:

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Come to think of it, what's happened to the Germans? Used to be you could always count on VW, Audi, and BMW to have understated, stylish good looks... now they all look hideous.
    and then

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    ...but the Pontiac looks better.
    Is the sky falling?
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Is the sky falling?
    No, but it is being dropped off at the Saturn dealerships nationwide...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    No, but it is being dropped off at the Saturn dealerships nationwide...
    Any chance they'll let us go as a group and drive one?

Unlike a certain Mazda dealer who shall remain nameless.....

Town North
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    own North
    FYI...They aren't scheduled to hit showrooms until early 2006. Not that I'm checking them out or something!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04

Unlike a certain Mazda dealer who shall remain nameless.....

Town North
    IMHO, "F" that certain dealership.... "Next time buy something" the guy said! Am I confused, were we at a small bodega? I didn't see the gum and candy display?

If I were to buy a new Mazda, it's not at the dealer in McKinney and now thanks to that little rude sales guy, the dealer we visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    IMHO, "F" that certain dealership.... "Next time buy something" the guy said! Am I confused, were we at a small bodega? I didn't see the gum and candy display?

If I were to buy a new Mazda, it's not at the dealer in McKinney and now thanks to that little rude sales guy, the dealer we visited.
    3Bean, I chalk his attitude up to his background... I have to deal with that in the computer industry.

There are friendly folks at that dealership... we bought Robin's Mazda 3 there back in December and the sales guy was very nice to deal with. He'll be the one we deal with when I go back to buy another car. He still remembers me when I come in to buy parts for the Spec.

Not to mention... the parts guys are great to deal with too.

Just do what I'm planning on doing... not buying anything from that salesman. Ever.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Is there a reason we can't say the name of the dealership? Or give a full account of what happened? Inquiring minds want to know.

S.

Is there a reason we can't say the name of the dealership? Or give a full account of what happened? Inquiring minds want to know.

S.
    It's one of those "you must be present to win" things!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Is there a reason we can't say the name of the dealership?
    I'll give you a hint. The first letter is TOWN, the second is NORTH.