Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Sunburn Divisional - Mineral Wells, June 12 & 13

Default SCCA Sunburn Divisional - Mineral Wells, June 12 & 13

Here's the link.

Nothing like two days of fun in Miserable Wells in mid-summer, right?

So, who's interested in two days worth of fun and competition on your home turf? So far C Stock looks a little bare, with only Chris Williams and myself signed up. I know we can do better than that.

Heck, there isn't even a single E Stock driver signed up, even though good ol' Leland Burns is designing the course! :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Wished someone here had an E Stock car that they could enter in the event .

BTW. is the Car number like the Solo I ran where the bozo (which was me) with the lowest number goes first? What the max #??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    BTW. is the Car number like the Solo I ran where the bozo (which was me) with the lowest number goes first? What the max #??
    Yep. The cars run in numerical order in their assigned class, 0-99 for single driver cars, with the second driver of a two-driver car running 100 + their co-driver's number (42 & 142, for example). So if you wanted to run dead last in your class no matter what other numbers sign up, you'd need to get a co-driver, let them run #99, and you could run #199.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I just heard from a semi-reliable source that ... Divisional sign-ups are at 50... If they're not over 125 by next Wednesday, there is no Divisional.

That's a bummer.

Still, the thought of two long days in Mineral Wells in mid-summer (probably with driving back and forth from home both days) makes me think long and hard about not participating after all.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    That's a bummer.

Still, the thought of two long days in Mineral Wells in mid-summer (probably with driving back and forth from home both days) makes me think long and hard about not participating after all.
    Well now, CS has one of the largest classes with people coming from Houston and Austin. Altiain someone has to defend the local turf (gravel) honor. But as you all have seen there has been a lot of work done on the site. There was talk at one time of using ER's rock blower too.

The latest entry count is now 62 as of 5-26

http://autocross.com/texasregion/div...trylist526.pdf

Well I signed up tonight!

I also added a post on miata.net to see who all from out of the DFW area is planning on attending!

Looks like I can't make that one. My Kids B-day is June 12'th. My wife probably wouldn't take to kindly of me missing it to race. Besides, I don't think I'm any where close to competing in a divisional event.

TD
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

For those of us going don't forget the entry fee changes if you procrastinate sending in your Entry Form!

Divisional Entry fee
    postmarked prior to 6/7/04.................... $45
    postmarked on or after 6/7/04............... $65
    postmarked after Thursday 6/10/04........$70

I'm still on the fence... If I go, I'll just be running for grins, since my Ecstas have proven useless at Mineral Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    ... If they're not over 125 by next Wednesday, there is no Divisional.
    Well, yesterday was "next Wednesday", and they have only 72 entrants. That's just over half of what your reliable source said they needed... I wonder if it will still go?

I've signed up (CS is the biggest class :) ), but I haven't mailed my check.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I've signed up (CS is the biggest class :) ), but I haven't mailed my check.
    Hey buddy when you send you check in can you pay my entry also?

When will the SCCA make the "official" call on this event???

I hate to send a check if they are not going to have the event since Dennis still is trying to collect on the pay for the season deal that I have already paid way back when!

I'm still on the fence on this one as well. I don't have any idea when/if a cancellation decision will be made, but I would have expected to hear something this week.

If you decide not to go and/or the Divisional, the PCA is having an autocross at Pennington Field that Sunday (the 13th).
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    ... PCA is having an autocross at Pennington Field that Sunday (the 13th).
    I won't say it...

So who is still going? I'm seriously considering taking a pass on this one, that and I have yet to order any tires....

I had vowed to make a decision by noon today, but I can't bring myself to do it...

I hate to see such a poorly attended divisional, but I don't want to chew up my Ecstas at M Wells, I don't want to be the only car running in the street tire class that has been offered "just for me", and to be flat honest, I don't want to drive out there both days.

It's probably going to come down to whether or not my cousin will be at the ranch next weekend so that I only have to drive 6 miles Saturday night...

I'd actually like to make this one, specifically because it is going to be so lightly attended. Means shorter days, less time standing around a parking lot. Unfortunately, I've got a TON of stuff to do to get ready for our move [out of our current house, into an apartment, waiting to decide what to do on buying a new house]. It's really not in my best interest to spend two days autocrossing.

I'm signed up and I have a room reserved at the Ramada for Saturday evening... but I'm likely to [have to] bag this event.

Well I'm still on the fence, and this song keeps playing in my head, which is good it drowns out most of the voices.

Should I Stay or Should I Go? - The Clash

Darling you got to let me know
    Should I stay or should I go?
    If you say that you are mine
    I'll be here 'til the end of time
    So you got to let me know

It's always tease, tease, tease
    You're happy when I'm on my knees
    One day is fine the next is black
    So if you want me off your back
    Well come on and let me know

Should I stay or should I go now?
    Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go there will be trouble
    An' if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

The Clash?

Sounds like Bocephus to me! LOL

The problem with being on the fence is the pickets poking you in the butt. From all the squirming around trying to get comfy, I usually fall off way before I'm ready to decide.

One last thought . . .

TMS

Call me if you come to your senses ---- 972-816-5296
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I just bailed (canceled on-line). I've simply got too much to do this weekend to have any fun (poor, pitiful me ).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast