Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Transport Service....

Default Vehicle Transport Service....

Anyone around here use a transport service for their car?
    I am researching costs/ reliability of some services- from Seattle to DFW.

I hired a broker to move my Cadillac from western Pennsylvania to Ft. Worth, let me know if you want the name I think the receipt is still in the car!

I used an open carrier & it cost me $750.00

What would you be transporting???

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I hired a broker to move my Cadillac from western Pennsylvania to Ft. Worth, let me know if you want the name I think the receipt is still in the car!

I used an open carrier & it cost me $750.00

Not sure the open carrier would be an option, unless the car is fully covered. The other option is renting a ryder box truck and putting the car in the back. This sounds very expensive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    Not sure the open carrier would be an option, unless the car is fully covered. The other option is renting a ryder box truck and putting the car in the back. This sounds very expensive to me.
    What kind of car? The Ryder truck may be slightly cheaper... but you'll still have to fly up there and drive it back. It may not be worth that much time and effort when you can pay a little more and have it moved.

Unless of course you know someone up there that wants a free trip down here and can drive the car down for you. But they'd better be trustworthy.

Not sure the open carrier would be an option, unless the car is fully covered.
    Mine showed up without a scratch, it rained during the trip so it needed a bath. The quotes I got for an enclosed trailer was more than two times as expensive what I paid to have it shipped on the open carrier.

Now mine was a '67 Cadillac, I take it your may be this one??

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That would fit in the back of a rental truck... or perhaps a flat bed and a good car cover with plenty of straps.
    Very good Mr. SSR. Lots of straps. Car only weighs 1550 lbs.......140 HP BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That would fit in the back of a rental truck... or perhaps a flat bed and a good car cover with plenty of straps.
    Not much to tie it down on the floor of a rental truck, that would scare me!

I priced a Ryder with a trailer it was way more expensive than a transport company! And that didn't include airfare to get my happy ash to Pennsylvania!

Not much to tie it down on the floor of a rental truck, that would scare me!

I priced a Ryder with a trailer it was way more expensive than a transport company! And that didn't include airfare to get my happy ash to Pennsylvania!
    Exactly... the price (in terms of dollars and time) are high when doing it yourself.

I don't have a clue what mine cost or even who really did it, as it was paid for by my employer. They contracted with United Movers for the move of my furniture, office, and cars. United used a sub-contractor for the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I don't have a clue what mine cost or even who really did it, as it was paid for by my employer.
    Is that what the ATM fees pay for? I'd be pissed if I paid ATM fees...

Thought about making it a vacation somehow, but it all just seemed like work. Still researching the options....

Dang..I thought drifting was a motorsport....wait, is it?

Thought about making it a vacation somehow, but it all just seemed like work. Still researching the options....
    Yep I'm sure you've done the Portland to Dallas trip before, I have and I recall it being a huge ash whippin! I lived in Lake Oswego, OR for a couple of years in my youth!

Dang..I thought drifting was a motorsport....wait, is it?
    I split out the ATM fees stuff so we could get back to the matter at hand "How to get the Lotus to Texas!" :cool:

CERTIFIED AUTO RELOCATION & SERVICES

489 Union Avenue, Bridgewater, NJ 08807-3143
    Phone (732) 469-0010

These are the guys that are moving my Miata to NC :) . Very professional, but it was open carrier. They have trucks in different parts of th US. Truck that picked mine up was based in Houston and makes east coast trips. Very nice equipment. Not the old crappy carriers that are swaying in the breeze you see most of the time.

Very good Mr. SSR. Lots of straps. Car only weighs 1550 lbs.......140 HP BTW.
    It's small why don't you use FedEx!!

It's small why don't you use FedEx!!
    $1825- enclosed transport. That's a $1.18/mile!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast