Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Want rollbar...have questions

Default Want rollbar...have questions

Want to put a rollbar on the Silver Bullet but need some advice. I have heard that some of them limit rearview mirors and some don't allow a good fit of the droptop. I am leaning towards a M2 Hardcore, Double Diagonal powdercoated black. Anybody have suggestions based upon their own experiences?
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

I can tell you that the double diagonal will limit some of the rear view... but it really depends on how much you let it bother you. The single diagonal won't bother the view as much.

Several NB folks on this board (altiain, Majik) have the same bar and can tell you better how it would affect the NB. In my NA, it's not a problem since I removed my rearview mirror! :)

Oh, and by the way, I think TrackDogRacing.com is still having a no shipping deal on the Hard Dog bars... you may want to check with shuhart1 for details!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder
    Last edited by sammm; 10-03-2005 at 09:29 AM.

My friend who made my exhaust will be making me a roll bar soon and may make a couple more if people are interested. We hope to do it in the next couple of weeks so hopefully you guys will see it soon.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I have the Single cross over if you want to take a view. Is that your car I see at Pioneer Heritage?
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

imho, a double diagonal limits rear vision much less than a single diagonal. The diagonals on the double do cut off the corners of the rearview mirror, but the diagonal on the single runs right through the middle of it.

The double diagonals don't take long to get used to - I think within a day or two of installing my bar I'd pretty much forgotten it was there when checking my mirrors.

The Hard Core bars fit fine with the soft top, but they can take a little fabrication to work with a factory hard top on the NB. I had to fabricate my own striker plates and buy Hard Dog's low profile side latches... and the bar is just tall enough that it contacts the top when the chassis flexes over railroad track and rough roads.

FWIW, I'd probably recommend the Sport bar over the Hard Core for most people - it works better with the hard top (requires no custom fabrication), and it sits a little further back for those who prefer a more reclined seating position. It won't give you quite as much helmet clearance at the track as the Hard Core bar, but that's about the only place that the Sport comes up short.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

WOOOHOOO!!! I just got permission to order the M2 Harddog Sport Double Diagonal with the black powder coating. Trackdog is checking to see if they have one in stock. Now, what are harness tabs and do I need them or anything else for the bar?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher
    WOOOHOOO!!! I just got permission.

Now, what are harness tabs and do I need them or anything else for the bar?
    Harness tabs are tabs for a harness. Spend the 30 bucks and get them. Call Gary Shuhart and order it from him. He'll save you a few bucks.

Exactly, TtT someday your wife might come out to an autoX. If she got serious and wanted a harness you would use an eye bolt to attatch the harness with. The tabs would be very hard to add later. Go ahead and get them. Congrats on getting the bar. I went with an M2 sport with no diagonals. I like the stealth look with the top up.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Exactly, TtT someday your wife might come out to an autoX. If she got serious and wanted a harness you would use an eye bolt to attatch the harness with.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy
    I went with an M2 sport with no diagonals.
    That's the one I got. No obstructions in the rear view mirror, can't see it with the top up and it weighs a bit less too (than one with diags).

Yeah...I admit I'm whipped but the benefits is all good. Install day will be scheduled and professional help requested so I don't remove something from the car that I need.

For 3Bean.... I liked the dog and cigar better!!

i asked about your duals the other day.. your sig says that they are Anzas. they sounded good- im gonna go look for them.

i knew you reminded me of someone!! i was thinking that all day. :)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

For 3Bean.... I liked the dog and cigar better!!
    I gave you that one, not Bean.

Tim,

I've installed several Hard Dogs and will be glad to help depending on when it is.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast