Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Region SCCA Event #7 - Sun, Oct 16, 2005

I don't see many of our names here -> http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/drive...x?EventID=1801

Yes I know my name isn't on the list yet, but I'm hoping to get a Fed Ex package with my new numbers!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 10-13-2005 at 02:35 PM.

What exit is the Mcdonalds at? Ill be there at 7:00

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    What exit is the Mcdonalds at? Ill be there at 7:00
    I Believe it is at exit number 65 on 35N headed out of Ft. Worth, it is in the truck stop.

BTW, Texas Region SCCA is also hosting Club Racing inside TMS on the roval this weekend, so we should have something cool to watch during the heats we aren't running.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I Believe it is at exit number 65 on 35N headed out of Ft. Worth, it is in the truck stop.
    Well Ill be there.

88 Mick Harrison Black 1999 Mazda Miata
    Sponsored by: dfwmiata.com / P.O.S. Racing

Just wanted to say good luck to you guys going out there today.
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It was a fun event for sure! Long (~70 seconds), semi-flowing, cone-overflowing course with a lot of tricky turns and transitions. We even got 5 runs instead of the normal 4. I couldn't get a clean run all day, but live and learn (I should have got style points for my smokin' 360). Congrats to onething for taking second place in Tire Class! The debut of the POSIII was worth waiting for. POS took second place in that tough CS class. Majik won the CSP battle. Good times, good times.

70 sec? 5 runs? onething taking 2nd? I swear the races I cant make it to is when all the fun stuff happens. I knew I shoulda called in sick. POS how was the new car?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Default Spank you very much!

I really wanted to wait for the official times to be posted (the SCCA has been very good about getting times up quickly this year, and I'm sure they will be up very soon), but I couldn't resist a little commentary without official times...

Holy Cow, and spank you very much, the new POS racer came out to play! POS Racing brought out his latest version of the POS car, and proved that this POS isn't a POS. Ok, ok... let's take a breath and review:

As we all know, POS Racing has played in ES with the POS II, a 1992 B&T Miata (currently for sale), and given those E-Stock boyz all they could handle this year. But the call of CS finally got the best of POS Racing, and he bought a 1999 Sport. But not just any 'ol '99 Sport. The '99 Sport that had been owned by our very own General Default!

So POS Racing decides to take his new car and new numbers (he's now 88CS) and come try everything out for the first time at this past weekend's SCCA event. His first run was a very respectable run, about (iirc) a second behind the seasoned C-Stockers. Nice run for your first time in a new car, right? Well, the best was yet to come.

During his next couple of runs, he kept inching up in the CS rankings, until on his 4th run (we got 5 runs… at an SCCA event… no kidding!), he grabbed 2nd place! Of course lugnut john is in first place – well, the course was just perfect for the only Miata out there with ABS. Anyway, altiain and I just couldn’t sit there and let this… this… UPSTART… beat us. So altiain promptly goes out on his 5th and final run, and turns a time that gets him into 2nd place. Ok, my turn. Pressure’s on dude. I have a great run, and hear my time… I beat altiain by about .04 seconds! But wait! There is a confused call over the PA, that might have been a cone! So it looks like Kestrel’s day is over, and he’s gonna end up in 4th place!

So POS gets to take his last run. He’s been on fire all day long, but this will be his time to push it a little too far, right? Time for a cone call (there were lots of them all day long), right? Uh… wrong. POS turns in a blistering run, and earns a 2nd place finish in CS – on his first event in his new car! That left altiain and I squabbling over who got 3rd or 4th place!

My hat is off to you POS Racing… that was amazing! I knew you were going to be a real threat in CS, but I figured we had a couple of events of breathing room while you learned how to peddle your new car. Boy, was I wrong. And we get to do it all again next week – same bat time, same bat channel. I’ll do what I can not to have the same bat results!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    70 sec? 5 runs? onething taking 2nd? I swear the races I cant make it to is when all the fun stuff happens.
    Perhaps you should work every Sunday :o:

I had the winning run going, but I got greedy. How many of you can say that?

I love the bus lot! If I just had studded tires, I could go sooo much faster. It was like ice racing at 90 degrees.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Yep, lots of fun on Sunday. The course was very challenging and long, and once you got past the 1st slalom opened up and flowed very well.

POS managed to drive the ex-General Default car to 2nd place in his debut event! C Stock was unusually dirty, with more than half of the total runs in the class marred by one or more cones. lugnutjon had 1st place all wrapped up once he finally got a clean run. I thought I had 2nd wrapped up on my last run, only to have Kestrel come in behind me a couple of thousandths faster... but with a cone. Then, POS suprised everyone by knocking another 8/10ths off of his best run, finishing up 4/10ths ahead of me, and 6/10ths behind Jon in 2nd place. Congrats to POS for a heck of a showing in the new car!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    My hat is off to you POS Racing… that was amazing! I knew you were going to be a real threat in CS, but I figured . . .
    Hey -- General Default, how much to prep my car?
    Congrats again POS.
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I forgot to mention I saw MadMerv lurking in the paddock area late in the day.

I never found time to watch any of the road racing on the Roval, did anyone else get inside?

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I love the bus lot! <snip> It was like ice racing at 90 degrees.
    I like the Bus Lot too. It is larger than Pennington Field -- a 60 to 70 second course isn't bad -- and the surface forces you to be very smooth on all inputs. Turn too hard, and you'll push like a pig. Stab the breaks, and you'll slide like a bobsled team at the olymipcs. Mash the go pedal, and you'll make those NASCAR victory burnouts look like child's play.

But get it all right, and it's a ballet

And 225 Hoosiers and ABS don't hurt on the Bus Lot either!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    POS how was the new car?
    I do believe it will suit my needs!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I forgot to mention I saw MadMerv lurking in the paddock area late in the day.

I never found time to watch any of the road racing on the Roval, did anyone else get inside?
    It wasn't as good of a race as I expected. Ara tried all race long to get past Blake and only made it once thanks to a perfect drafting move, but Blake got him under braking coming into the infield. Keith and Aaron were both desperately trying to catch them but it never happened. My buddy, Bob, was in keith's other car and lost an engine in the infield and had a pretty spectacular flash fire under the car until it blew itself out. Lots of difference in car prep and driver ability had the field of twenty-eight spread all over the track, with the top four cars lapping the back markers. I can't wait to get back out there with them. I was so pumped when I got home that I fired up the welder and got all the base plates and main cage welded together... WHOOPIE!!!!!!!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Hey you know who else made a guest appearance at the AX was Ataim! It was good seeing you again!! :cool:

Class results
    Pax Results

Remember CS88 was running on shot Hoosiers. Wait till he gets the sticky tires on. The Bus Lot is all about stick and or managing the lack of it.

I also will compliment CS88 on his new magnetic numbers. I can clearly see them. It makes the car look a lot sharper and apparently faster too.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I do believe it will suit my needs!

Thanks for the kind words guys!
    Congrats!!! Good to see a former E-stocker putting the CS guys in their place.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast