Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Region SCCA Event #8 - Sun, Oct 23, 2005 (Bus Lot, Part Deux)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

McD's. 7am. Sunday. 35W. Exit 65.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    McD's. 7am. Sunday. 35W. Exit 65.
    See ya in the AM!

Majik don't forget your coat!
    Sunday: Scattered sprinkles after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 63. Windy, with a north wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to between 20 and 25 mph.
    Last edited by POS Racing; 10-22-2005 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    See ya in the AM!
    Ditto
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

So how was everything today?
    Did you guys have a blast?
    I wanted to make it but was just to tired, Hope you guys had fun and didn't get blown away by the cold front.
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It was a fun and fast course, but the weather absolutely sucked! Cloudy, cold, extra windy and a little bit of rain made for a miserable day. I understand jolberry took top honors in Tire Class today. Congrats Jeremy! I came in second, Clovis took 3rd (in his new Elise) and onething rounded out the top 4.

C Stock had a lot of fun today! Jimmy Stewart's regular E Stock co-driver Matt Lucas is shopping around for a new ride for next season, so he co-drove Kestrel's car today. He opened up a big lead early on, and ended up with top honors in class today, proving that it's Kestrel - not the car - that sucks.

I almost managed to squeak one out, but my last run fell short of Matt's time by three thousandths of a second. I settled for 2nd place, and Kestrel managed to sneak his way into 3rd place, beating lugnutjon by one thousandth of a second. The top four spots were separated by less than two tenths of a second.

Some really tight battles in C Stock today.

Oh, that new C Stock wunderkid with the fancy black car? He learned today that Hoosiers really suck in the cold compared to V710s. Although after last weekend's performance, I still expected better than DFL out of POS.

It was cold, and it was wet while we worked during 3rd heat, but it was fun to watch guys like Solo2M3 and Mark Madarash practicing their mad drifting skillz on the slick surface.

As usual, it was a lot of fun!
    Last edited by altiain; 10-23-2005 at 09:28 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Oh, that new C Stock wunderkid with the fancy black car? He learned today that Hoosiers really suck in the cold compared to V710s.
    I kept hearing the following song in my head today!
    Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
    You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away
    I was a very good day but man it was cold! I'm still cold!

onething's best time: 62.65
    Blackzx3_13's best time: 62.66

It was so fun today. It was cold, but it was fun watching all the high hp, rear drive cars on hoosiers (mark maderash, SS z06's) spin and slide everywhere.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

It was cold. The tires didnt work very well. I am sure glad I was in the trailer while it was raining.:afro:

A super big thanks to Kestrel for letting me drive his car on Sunday. I had a blast. I was really thinking a Z06 had to be my next autcross car, but that Miata really fit my driving style. I still can't get over the steering.

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7
    A super big thanks to Kestrel for letting me drive his car on Sunday. I had a blast. I was really thinking a Z06 had to be my next autcross car, but that Miata really fit my driving style. I still can't get over the steering.
    You should try driving a FWD H-stock Focus and then a miata. I'm still getting used to a car that actually turns when I turn the wheel.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

A super big thanks to Kestrel for letting me drive his car on Sunday. I had a blast.
    My pleasure... getting thrashed in my own car! Sorry we all left before the trophies, but it was just too darn miserable outside by then. Congrats on taking the CS win! And go buy that Z06...

I had a lot of fun out there this weekend, despite the cold, rainy weather. The course was fun (I'm sure it was less fun for those that had to run in the rain), I finished OK, and got confirmation from a real driver that my car is setup just fine. I kinda thought it was OK, but you never know, and now as altiain so eloquently/compassionately put it, I now know it's me, not the car, that sucks.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    as altiain so eloquently/compassionately put it, I now know it's me, not the car, that sucks.
    He's such a people person isn't he!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

My pleasure... and now as altiain so eloquently/compassionately put it, I now know it's me, not the car, that sucks.
    I'll give you threefitty for your car!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    He's such a people person isn't he!
    He hurt my feelers...

"That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

My pleasure... getting thrashed in my own car! Sorry we all left before the trophies, but it was just too darn miserable outside by then. Congrats on taking the CS win! And go buy that Z06...

I had a lot of fun out there this weekend, despite the cold, rainy weather. The course was fun (I'm sure it was less fun for those that had to run in the rain), I finished OK, and got confirmation from a real driver that my car is setup just fine. I kinda thought it was OK, but you never know, and now as altiain so eloquently/compassionately put it, I now know it's me, not the car, that sucks.
    I don't think 'thrashed' is the right word.... the times were so close it was anyone's game.

This has probably been covered here a zillion times, so steer me to the appropriate thread if necessary... but how do you identify a 'sport' from another Miata if you're shopping online, classifieds, etc...? Looking at results the 99 is obviously the one to have, but what makes the newer ones less competitive? I used to be able to keep up with all this stuff, but since I've had kids my focus has shifted a bit, and I my brain isn't what it used to be.

This has probably been covered here a zillion times, so steer me to the appropriate thread if necessary... but how do you identify a 'sport' from another Miata if you're shopping online, classifieds, etc...? Looking at results the 99 is obviously the one to have, but what makes the newer ones less competitive? I used to be able to keep up with all this stuff, but since I've had kids my focus has shifted a bit, and I my brain isn't what it used to be.
    Good stuff here -> http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=4098 :afro:

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

but how do you identify a 'sport' from another Miata if you're shopping online, classifieds, etc...?
    The '99 Sport will have a sticker in the passenger door jam that reads "Hard S" under suspension. "Sport S" is the 'normal' setup. It will have 15" wheels, Bilstein shocks, stiffer springs, larger rear sway bar, spoiler on the trunk lid, and a factory STB under the hood. The Sport will not have power windows, cruise, leather. The only options available were A/C and power steering.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I don't think 'thrashed' is the right word.... the times were so close it was anyone's game.
    Standard gracious winner's line. Anything over .009 is a thrashing Ask my codriver.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast