Thread: New Guy Here.

Default New Guy Here.

Hello I'm Jamie, and I've had my miata for about a month. It's a 92 red on black 5-spd. I've got to say that I've never had this much fun in a car with this little of horse power. I come from the 2002 Mustang GT field. I'm in Lewisville, TX and just thought I say HI. Hope to meet you guys and girls in person. Slide it like your on ice.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Arrow hi

little horsepower and little weight go hand in hand. Welcome aboard and have fun with your new go-kart...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Welcome! There's a lot of events coming up it seems so hope to see ya around.
    p.s. sign up for the Zoom Zoom Live event in the events & drives section
    Last edited by icepenguin66; 08-27-2005 at 04:22 AM.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard!

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

Howdy & welcome!

I am fairly new to the group too since my wife & I just moved back to the area about a month ago. We alos live in Lewisville so maybe we can hook up sometime for drinks & drift'n!

If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

Driftin' then drinks...... Let me know when I'll come on down to Lville.

Welcome and congrats!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Checker
    Howdy & welcome!

I am fairly new to the group too since my wife & I just moved back to the area about a month ago. We alos live in Lewisville so maybe we can hook up sometime for drinks & drift'n!

Yeah that would be fun! Are there any good, safe places to go drifting around here? I can't afford any tickets and would hate to wreck the car after just fixing it.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

Welcome to the board!

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    Are there any good, safe places to go drifting around here?
    Try Texas Drift. They host organized drifting events around here pretty regularly. Better than practicing it on the street and f!%ing something up or getting a ticket.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks guys nice to know there are some kool people out there that like the little monsters. That's the last thing I need to do is turn my miata into a coke can. We'll have to get together some time and talk. I'm thinking of checking out the meet on thursday at that sonic in plano. Let me know if anyone else is thinking of going.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Welcome....Nice to have you here....What meeting at Sonic?
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

from what i heard there are a bunch of mazdas that meet at the meet at the sonic on 15yh and park i believe on thursday nights.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Hey Checker & driftdevil...

I'm up in Lewisville too... You guys work around Lewisville too? If so, the Fox & Hound on I-35 has free pool tables during lunch. We should get together there sometime.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I work in Plano, but I'm off on Wed.,Thurs., & Fri.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil
    I'm thinking of checking out the meet on thursday at that sonic in plano. Let me know if anyone else is thinking of going.
    I didn't know they had another location. The meeting at the WalMart off Coit and GB was busted up after some yahoos decided to race in the parking lot.

Thanks for the link Altain, I've accumulated a nice collection of tyres with little tread that would be great for drifting and would love to put'em to use!

Default meets

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil
    from what i heard there are a bunch of mazdas that meet at the meet at the sonic on 15yh and park i believe on thursday nights.

yeah those meets at Sonic's used to be on Custer and 15th in Plano but has been moved to 75 and Spring Valley Skoots, by the movie theater. But before going check to see who is going because locations usually change, other times it'll be at velocity on Midway... a bit north of the Beltline intersection...

If you're interested in meets, here's a meet i tried putting together http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=3603
    9-4-05 Sunday...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....