Thread: The Motor Build has begun...

Default The Motor Build has begun...

I tore down the high compression ebay motor down on Sunday and sent it to the machinist (who will build the bottom end) on Monday.

It was in absolutly beatiful shape. The crank is knife-edged, having the high comp. pistons cut to 9.0/1, the cam has a huge 10mm lift and 1mm oversize valves, and I am using 323GTX rods on it. It should be very stout.

I am having John Day Custom Engines build it for me. He is the guy who split from Stoid Racing, but had done the machine work on MiniMonster in SA.

Chris

PS: I start work on tomorrow in Austin and will be back on the weekends ( I have my apt until 12/10).
    Chris - 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    2013 Red Miata Sport
    2006 Winning Blue Miata
    2000 Red Miata
    2011 Red Mazda2
    2015 Smart Electric

Sweet deal!

However, we need pics!!

By the way, when can I pick up my Ghia?

By estimation, what kinda horsepower are you looking at when all said and done?

When you bring the cashiers check.... for one million dollars.... muhaahahahahah

and I am thinking 230-240 with the current turbo... dont know if i will have to go standalone ecu to get there or not. a buddy of mine in Vegas is running 225 with emanage blue and a stock engine....

Chris
    Chris - 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    2013 Red Miata Sport
    2006 Winning Blue Miata
    2000 Red Miata
    2011 Red Mazda2
    2015 Smart Electric

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    When you bring the cashiers check.... for one million dollars.... muhaahahahahah

and I am thinking 230-240 with the current turbo... dont know if i will have to go standalone ecu to get there or not. a buddy of mine in Vegas is running 225 with emanage blue and a stock engine....

Chris
    What are you doing for fueling? Seems like with that motor and proper fueling and engine management you could far surpass the 230-240 mark but idk.. How much boost you plannin on running?
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..