Thread: NC rollbar/cage that retains the softtop

Default NC rollbar/cage that retains the softtop

Interesting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a good solution?

I don't think so. Not for a car that sees street time. You gonna where a helmet to protect you noggin on the daily commute? Those side bars are good for a track only car but not a street machine.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Something strange with those pics...

The driver is on the left side of the car, but in the next shot, the wheel is on the right side of the car...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    That's a good solution?

I don't think so. Not for a car that sees street time. You gonna where a helmet to protect you noggin on the daily commute? Those side bars are good for a track only car but not a street machine.
    True but it looks like the rear hoop could work for a street car.

Is it just me or does that sucker look low, seems as if even in his racing seat his helmet is above all the bars.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    True but it looks like the rear hoop could work for a street car.
    Yeah but then there are no rear supports. Might make the tech guys none to happy. Could clam shell on you too.

I just don't see a true 6 point streetable rollbar (ie. Hard Dog) that retains the soft top being avalable on the NC. I hope someone proves me wrong.
    Last edited by black roadster; 10-26-2005 at 11:41 PM.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Perhaps I should have said it was a solution... but again I repeat, I hope someone tests this before it's massed produced.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Something strange with those pics...

The driver is on the left side of the car, but in the next shot, the wheel is on the right side of the car...
    There are 2 different cars pictured. Notice that the LHD car has an orange windshield header while the RHD car has a white windshield header.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Perhaps I should have said it was a solution... but again I repeat, I hope someone tests this before it's massed produced.
    Don't know if it has been tested, but I do hear it is in production. I have seen pics on the net of at least 2 other cars with it besides these 2. I just cant seem to find them at the moment.

It wouldn't pass tech in any 'merican sanctioning body (SCCA, NASA....) Since it has no hardtop, it is not anywhere near tall enough to protect the driver's head, has no rear braces, or diagonal cross brace. My understanding is that the Pro MX-5 race series, which replaces Pro Spec Miata for 2006, will be required to use the MazdaSpeed cage, similar to the one in the #55 car, that we've seen before, and no hardtop. I wish I could aford to run that series, but it's gonna require LOTS of travel, not to mention having to purchase a Sport, only to tear all the extra stuff out of it. I don't understand Mazda's reasoning at all
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'