Thread: performed a rite of passage today and now i have couple questions

Engine Builder
    Euless or Burleson or Euless or Burleson or Euless or Burles...

Default performed a rite of passage today and now i have couple questions

Got those silly baby teeth removed today. wasn't as hard as i was expecting, just removed that lower plastic shroud and unbolted them.

anyway now i have a question as this was my first time to really stick my head under the hood and examine the engine bay. is it possible to retain power steering and air conditioning when you have a turbo and intercooler? seems that those two systems are really in the way. i have never seen a turbo miata in person or even some detailed pics of ones engine bay. i want a turbo in the future but i'd really like to have some drivability. i've owned awd dsm's with no ac or ps and they were not very fun to drive everyday. i realize a miata is certainly a smaller car so ps might not be a must and that it doesn't really have a roof so ac might not be either. but i want my cake and eat it too it

on second thought that was just one question really

Not a problem. All of the major Turbo and SC kits for the Miata are designed to retain PS, AC, and ABS.

Engine Builder

how on earth does the intercooler plumbing run. and do you think that a mitsu 16g turbo would work well on home brew kit. those things do good things for a 4g63 and they are really cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Master357
    how on earth does the intercooler plumbing run.
    Well, as you guessed, it can't go through, which leads to over or under. For the longest time, everyone went under.....

A few years ago, our own Gary Shuhart of Track Dog Racing proved that going over was often a better option. That is what I have:

Engine Builder

so an aftermarket radiator and that nifty black shroud allows you to mount top of the radiator back so you have clearance to go over?

Quote Originally Posted by Master357
    so an aftermarket radiator and that nifty black shroud allows you to mount top of the radiator back so you have clearance to go over?
    You actually can use a stock radiator, but an aftermarket (IE Bigger) radiator is always a good idea for boosted cars in Texas. Gary's kit uses new brackets to move the radiator back a few inches and to tilt it a little too. You also need to trim some sheet medal right in front of the radiator to give the pipes the last little bit of clearance they need. The nice black cover hides all that stuff nicely. There is also plastic shrouding includes that goes down below to make sure that none of the air that comes in the mouth of the car can get around the Intercooler and radiator. It all needs to go through, not around!

Engine Builder

i'm poor already and i havn't even started. oh well... i like that intercooler, that's a good idea

Titus,

Your commission check is in the mail! We have made a huge improvement over FM's intercooler setup. Let us know if we can help.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by shuhart1
    Titus,

Your commission check is in the mail! We have made a huge improvement over FM's intercooler setup. Let us know if we can help.

Gary