Thread: Lotus Elan progress images....

Default Lotus Elan progress images....

As some of you may know, my father owns a '67 Lotus Elan. Last fall, at the Portland Int'l Raceway, it had an 'engine malfunction' that resulted in a partial engine rebuild. It was good timing because the car was going in for bodywork and new paint anyhow.

The paint went on last weekend and these are some images of that. I will receive more body and engine images soon. Note that the body is fiberglass (@ 115 #'s) and the total weight of this car is almost 1550#'s (wet. It is Seattle after all.)

The stock motor gets about 90 HP, but with some help of the rebuild, it should get about 125-130 HP.

Click on my website icon for imges. More to come.

Or if you prefer a direct link:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/573395/2

Very nice. One of my professors used to autocross an Elan back in the early '70s. I've always admired those cars, although I've never actually seen one in rea life.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Very nice. One of my professors used to autocross an Elan back in the early '70s. I've always admired those cars, although I've never actually seen one in rea life.
    When seen next to a Miata, the Elan is the 'small' car.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Kewl car! Keep those photos coming as the car is being put back together!