Thread: Looking for small coolant hose on FMII

Default Looking for small coolant hose on FMII

Looking to see if I can find a local replacement asap for the small coolant hose that sprung a pinhole leak on me. It's the one that comes off the thermostat t-fitting on my FMII and goes under the turbo. I'm about to go rip it off and take it to the mazda dealer to see if they have anything suitable.

Just so you know how this happened :)

And yes, first post here, although Mac prolly remembers me. I came very close to buying his supercharged '99. Also used to have a '97 FMII a few years back, so I might know some others in here too..

Cool picture. If the dealer doesnt have the part then take that length of hose and get a new one cut at an autoparts store. Just make sure it isnt preformed or if it is get it a little longer so you dont crimp the bends. Welcome to the board.

Hey Shoefly, I think I remember you! Red and tan FMII? Good to see you in a miata again.
    As for the hose, any auto parts store should be able to hook you up!

Nice pic!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Yea, that's me. Thanks for the help, I'm going to see if I can first cut the part out with the leak and re-attach for now. If not, autozone here I come.

Mazda won't have it. It is NOT preformed, and is a simple silicone type hose. Just go get a 3 ft piece at you favorite auto parts store and cut it to the desired length.

TD
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Was not able to find the correct silicone hose replacement after going to two stores. Ended up going with a non-silicone hose, which works for now.