Thread: Back in the saddle again....

Default Back in the saddle again....

Well, I visited a couple of gatherings of local Miata owners back in '01 when I had my '97 STO, but she got totalled and that was the end of that. I seem to recall DT and Horgy among a few others (guess Horgy's not around anymore.) Does DT hang out here?

Well, I've missed my Miata too much so I'm dumping the SUV and picked up another Miata. I recently purchased a Galaxy Gray GT NC w/ black interior. Here's my CarDomain site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2160227

Gonna try to make it to the Roundup this weekend. If not, maybe I'll join the rest of you for the "Run to the Fort."

Either way, I look forward to meeting you guys to go for a few drives or just to hang and chat.

Later,
    Gordon

Welcome aboard! DT has entered the witness protection program, but Black Roadster looks a lot like DT. Not positive, but I think Horgy moved away from the metromess.

Feel free to join us for our run on Saturday if you wind up not heading south.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Very nice car...and good color choice! I think you may be the first NC on our site. Welcome aboard!
    No more Miata

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Welcome aboard! DT has entered the witness protection program, but Black Roadster looks a lot like DT. Not positive, but I think Horgy moved away from the metromess.

Feel free to join us for our run on Saturday if you wind up not heading south.
    Yes I think Horgy is in D.C. Or one of the surrounding states.

Yup. Still around with a different ride.

Horgy moved to Virginia, still has her Miata and a new son.

Can't say I remember you but glad you remember me.

Georgeous car BTW.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Welcome to the board, Gordon!

There are a few Outlaws that lurk about this place, so you might recognize a few names.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Trying to remember a few of the names. Who's the really big tall guy? I recognize his pic, but can't recall the name. Then there's the guy that had the 10AE and totalled it. Can't recall his name either.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Yup. Still around with a different ride.

Horgy moved to Virginia, still has her Miata and a new son.

Can't say I remember you but glad you remember me.

Georgeous car BTW.
    Thank you, and no prob. I honestly may remember your name more from hangin on the boards than from meeting you in person. Last meet up I went to was for BBQ in Grapevine off 114 IIRC. I CLEARLY remember 8 Miatas boxing in a vette on the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Trying to remember a few of the names. Who's the really big tall guy? I recognize his pic, but can't recall the name. Then there's the guy that had the 10AE and totalled it. Can't recall his name either.
    Big Tall guy is Greg (aka Eunos Roadster or ER). He moved to Atlanta and does not post on this forum.

I'm the guy that totaled the 10AE.

Only other "old school" Outlaws that post here are MadMerv, Sharpie and CheckerStripe. Gary (Shuhart1) is a new generation Outlaw. Hope I'm not missing anyone!

Other than that the Outlaws have their own Yahoo Groups to stay in contact. I think most of the Outlaw action these days revolves around hanging out in Gary's garage working on Miatas and Track days at MSR.

Don't discount this group though. They're the latest group of Miata nuts in the Metromess and they're very active in AutoX, occassional Tech Days, and just hanging out.

Great thing is Miata Enthusiasts have a choice.

Lone Star - traditional club with mixed non-performance events.
    Outlaws - Gearheads and Track junkies
    MME - Cone Crushers (AutoX) and occasional social events
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Ahhhh...now I remember. DT, you were the one I thought looked familiar. Kept thinking you went to my high school or something.

Seriously looking forward to hanging out, going for some drives, and possibly getting into AutoX this time.