Thread: speedbleeders?

Default speedbleeders?

Anyone out there use 'em? Anyone care to comment good/bad regarding them?

Also, where in the heck do you get 'em? I can't find 'em at any of the typical Miata part sellers online.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Build one of these caps!

No need for speedbleaders and it will work on any year Miata!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Build one of these caps!
    I second that! The pressure cap is the only way to bleed/flush your brake system! (Don't mention a Mity Vac either cuz they'll be on you like a chihuahua on a pork chop! :P )

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Don't mention a Mity Vac either cuz they'll be on you like a chihuahua on a pork chop! :P )
    Bark, Bark, Bark, Bark!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Don't mention a Mity Vac either cuz they'll be on you like a chihuahua on a pork chop! :P )
    Bark, Bark, Bark, Bark!
    I said not

Seperated at birth?

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Build one of these caps!
    I second that! The pressure cap is the only way to bleed/flush your brake system! (Don't mention a Mity Vac either cuz they'll be on you like a chihuahua on a pork chop! :P )
    The problem with MityVacs isn't that they suck, it's that they don't suck enough.

Seriously though - build one of the caps that POS mentioned, hook up to your air compressor, and sit back and marvel that you hadn't thought of this before. It really takes the work out of a brake fluid change.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Build one of these caps!
    The problem with MityVacs isn't that they suck, it's that they don't suck enough.

Seriously though - build one of the caps that POS mentioned, hook up to your air compressor, and sit back and marvel that you hadn't thought of this before. It really takes the work out of a brake fluid change.

Iain
    I read about the construction but can someone explain the process? How does it work?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    I read about the construction but can someone explain the process? How does it work?
    It's pretty simple fill the reservoir screw on the cap hook up an air line(20 PSI or less will work), then open the bleed screw on the caliper farthest from the master cylinder then work you way around to all four screws. No helper required, just make sure you check the reservoir on occasion!

It takes longer to pull the wheels than it does to flush the entire brake system using the cap!

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    It's pretty simple fill the reservoir screw on the cap hook up an air line(20 PSI or less will work), then open the bleed screw on the caliper farthest from the master cylinder then work you way around to all four screws. No helper required, just make sure you check the reservoir on occasion!

It takes longer to pull the wheels than it does to flush the entire brake system using the cap!
    The best part, though, is when you're bleeding an ancient wonder of the third world on which one of the bleeder screws is clogged... I was really impressed by the way brake fluid aerated when we got the pressure up to 27 psi...