Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie to the Plano area

Default Newbie to the Plano area

Got my NB this past weekend, it's mainly my commuter car, but it will have mods when time and budget can agree with each other.

It's a 1999 Brilliant Black base edition with the steelies, so it's not pretty but it does the job...

I mainly joined up, 'cause I was looking for a local club that caters to the Miata folks. I look forward to the meets and all (hopefully, work schedules won't change too much on me).
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome aboard and all that. You'll find loads of opinions and tech help around here, but I strongly suggest you click here -> Alligator Hide and read the article very soon.

We've had noobs get their feeler hurt by taking all our stuff too seriously.

We also need pics ASAP.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Welcome to the boards! Let me know if you're interested in getting some wheels. I've got a few sets sitting around.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Welcome to the forum!

If you get the chance, come on out to the SCCA autocross in Bedford this Sunday and introduce yourself! You're also welcome to ride along on a run or two and see what a Miata is really capable of.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome! You've come to the right place for Miatae catering!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Welcome! You've come to the right place for Miatae catering!
    We cater?
    I'm not making potato salad for anyone, no matter how nice the view!

Welcome to the group, Kakkyo.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Congrats! You've made a life changing decision.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r
    We cater?
    I'm not making potato salad for anyone, no matter how nice the view!
    I'll be here all week. Try the schnitzel.

Many thanks for all the welcomes I have recieved!

onething: I read the "Alligator Hide" post before joining. That was one hell of a funny story with the whole eating of antacids bit at the end. As far as pictures go, I have images on my blog. Those can be found here: The aforementioned blog

Miatamoto: I would love some OEM sport package wheels or something more formly. The steelies don't seem so suiting to the car's stance. Budget is the matter of my life. If they are cheap and have tires and are better priced than the Rota Slipstreams with tire packages going for $800 (before shipping) then I may have to talk to you.

altiain: Bedford is quite a drive for me. My manual skills need much refining before a distance like that becomes comfortable with me. Possibly another time. Trust me on this, I have seen and sat shotgun in turbo, supercharged, and even V6 & V8 Miata's.

Treibenschnell: Frisco isn't too far from me, woo hoo! Do keep me posted on when the hang-outs are! Off-days from the pharmacy are one hell of a boring day for me.

sammm & juxt3r: It's an honor to be welcomed by the local folks. Though German potato salad and chirpping tires sounds so good right now. LOL!

Sharpie: It's been a life changing decision as a whole. I went from a dead 2nd generation Integra sedan (scrapped), a project FC RX-7 hatch that needs a new heart, and now the NB. I have been facinated with it as a whole, but being a new owner of one... it's quite a revolution.

What did you do with the project FC?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Welcome to the board. You bought the car I've been looking for for a while.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

altiain: Bad compression in the rear rotor, cat going out, dead exhaust (sounded like it was a straight pipe on 7000+ RPM). Saving cash for a rebuilt motor at Rotary Performace and also restoring the completely destroyed interior.

black zx3_13: Read a post saying you got an NC or looking into one(?), though I wish it had the RX-8's front lamps instead...
    Last edited by Kakkyo; 11-17-2005 at 05:33 PM.

Come by the Dog House on the weekends in Plano, Coit and Parker, we usually have a group of Miata guys hanging around. We do lunch at Scotty P's over on Parker Rd. usually Saturday if you want to join us, look for the Miatas. We specialize in SC's, suspension and tuning so when you are ready to upgrade we would be glad to hand you a wrench or do the work for you.

Come see us and look forward to meeting you,

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

No NC for me, I've been looking at 1st gen ones for a while, as a second car to my focus. But times change, and I was just promoted and recieved 2 consecutive raises (with another promotion and raise possibly after xmas) I've decided to sell the focus and look for an NB. Preferably a base model 99 or 2000 (99 sport too but harder to find) and upgrade it to sport specs. After that, well, we will just have to see. . .
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

shuhart1: Hm... I may be half inclined on stopping by the Dog House this weekend, as I have nothing to do for the majority of my Saturday.

blackzx3_13: Yeah, mine is pretty much a spartan base with no power options and just the bare essentials. It feels spartan enough too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakkyo
    blackzx3_13: Yeah, mine is pretty much a spartan base with no power options and just the bare essentials. It feels spartan enough too.
    Thats all you need. For me Spartan = good.

Howdy!

I'm having a tech day in McKinney on Saturday.

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=4356

You're more than welcome to stop by. PM me for directions.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well, the one weekned I will not be here is this weekend, after that grounded for a while. See you then.

Gary
    Last edited by trackdog; 11-19-2005 at 08:43 AM.
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Ah... what a drag... lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast