Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bad oil leak need help. .. ...

Nope... you missed my point.

You said earlier you got zero oil pressure while driving.

You then said you traced it to a broken wire.

I said that a broken wire would cause a high reading, not zero. Something else caused your zero reading.

The techno-nerds on the forum will likely point out that in a magical kingdom where wood sprites abound the wire could have broken, exposing the conductor, and come solidly to rest against a ground, thus giving the zero reading. Not bloody likely.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser

The techno-nerds on the forum will likely point out that in a magical kingdom where wood sprites abound the wire could have broken, exposing the conductor, and come solidly to rest against a ground, thus giving the zero reading. Not bloody likely.

I was thinking it. I thought it might stick to the block because of all the oil, but then that would probably insulate it.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Nope... you missed my point.

You said earlier you got zero oil pressure while driving.

You then said you traced it to a broken wire.

I said that a broken wire would cause a high reading, not zero. Something else caused your zero reading.

hence why the new oil pump and the new sensor.

Thank everyone ,not getting what I am saying, if it is the oil pump it is getting replaced hence that is going to get fixed if it is that, if it is the sensor it is getting replaced hence that is going to get fixed if it is that, the connector is getting replaced, hence that is going to get fixed if it is that, as are all the seals and gaskets, minus the head gasket, so whatever it is I am going to get it in the end but all that I need is the engine lift. I would rather borrow one and give them a 12 pack and some $$ that rent one and give a company a whole lot of $$$$$ and feel stupid, hence why I asked here I would rather give soemone who has a miata some $$ than some corporation some $$$$.

Not trying to disrespect anyone, its just that whatever it ( the malfunction of the oil pressure) is I am going to nip it in the bud so the way I figure it, is any problems it is, I'm going to get fixed. If I am forgetting anything by all means let me know I am a pretty good mechaninc but I always welcome other ideas.

So if anyone has one ( engine lift) please let me know e mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Rich

I dont have an engine lift otherwise, youd be welcome to it. You can rent one for fairly cheap at a rental store. I dont know why you would feel stupid. They wont really care why you are renting it. I am guessing not many people here have engine hoists, since this a fairly uncommon need for a miata. If I were you I would get all of my parts together make sure I can finish the job and just rent one.

Edit: or buy one! http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=7620 Figure out if it is the sensor or the oil pump and you can use that money for the hoist. Also a little birdy told me they once hand an issue with the ground for the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit. It caused low readings too. It could be as simple as that.
    Last edited by Majik; 11-30-2005 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Don't forget!

Rear driver's side of oil pan... can be a pretty bad leak too... Dipstick O-Ring...
    Been there, done that!

I feel your pain man. I've been trying to find the source of this scraping/knocking noise coming from my motor for 3 weeks now and no one can figure it out!

Good luck finding the problems and getting them fixed.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12